So recently my skype friend told me that he couldn't hear me. So i got closer to the mic and he only could here me loud enough when i almosg had the microphone in my mouth. I don't know what causes it that my microphone is so silent. I can fix it by doing the sound at 100 and +30 db but you here so much static that you almost can't here me. So i tryd about everything i know of. I tries:
- going into the sound options
- getting a new audio driver ( latest realtek version )
- getting a new microphone
- getting a new motherboard ( not only for this purpose, got the asus z87 k and a 4770k processor)
- updated from windows 7 to 8.1 and cleaned my primary drive.
So i don't really know for sure if it happened before i changed motherboard for sure. If this maybe the case how could i test it. My headphone sounds just work good. If anyone got a solution or something just say it i appriciate al kinds of help.
- jari ( sorry if there some grammer problems this is typed from my ipad )
Did you do a fresh install of windows after you changed out the mobo and processor? You say your not sure if the issue was present prior to the change of hardware? Or did you do all those things after the problem first happened?
im assuming you have the mic connected to the onboard audio jacks then it would just be the drivers for your onboard audio these you can find in device manager. also if your mic came with any software uninstall that as well