Solved

how to get the cpu setting options to overclock

i am not getting the cpu setting options on hp bios 2.10.1208 and processor is intel(R)core (TM)
i5-2400CPU @ 3.10GHZ
please suggest me how to get these optios to change the clock rate.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu setting options overclock
  1. You have non "k" processor, non unlocked processor..
    That's mean that you can't overclock it..
  2. Quaddro said:
    You have non "k" processor, non unlocked processor..
    That's mean that you can't overclock it..
  3. Hi Quaddro please tell me some intel processor which can be overclocked.
  4. Best answer
    vikashrai said:
    Hi Quaddro please tell me some intel processor which can be overclocked.


    well, you have to buy a "K" series for unlocked processor..

    for example:
    i5 2500k,i7 2600k
    i5 3570k, i7 3770k
    i5 4670k, i7 4770k

    but, you have to replace your motherboard as well..
    because your motherboard only support non "K" processor..
    so, you have to buy a board which is support unlocked multiplier..
  5. Quaddro said:
    vikashrai said:
    Hi Quaddro please tell me some intel processor which can be overclocked.


    well, you have to buy a "K" series for unlocked processor..

    for example:
    i5 2500k,i7 2600k
    i5 3570k, i7 3770k
    i5 4670k, i7 4770k

    but, you have to replace your motherboard as well..
    because your motherboard only support non "K" processor..
    so, you have to buy a board which is support unlocked multiplier..

    thanks quaddro...could you please tell me how to know that motherboard supports 'k' series processor ?
  6. for sandy bridge (15 2500k- i72600k/2700k), a motherboard with Z68 or z77 chipset.
    for ivy bridge (i5 3570k, i7 3770k), a motherboard with z77 chipset.
    for haswell (i5 4670k, i7 4770k), a motherboard with z87 chipset.
  7. Quaddro said:
    for sandy bridge (15 2500k- i72600k/2700k), a motherboard with Z68 or z77 chipset.
    for ivy bridge (i5 3570k, i7 3770k), a motherboard with z77 chipset.
    for haswell (i5 4670k, i7 4770k), a motherboard with z87 chipset.

    hello quaddro...thanx for your kind reply..would you please tell me how to know about sandy bridge,ivy bridge and haswell and also about z68 or z87 or z77.how to check out these
  8. sandy, 2nd gen
    ivy, 3rd gen
    haswell, 4th gen

    how to know it and check out these..?
    well..
    just go to the computer store nearest you, and say..

    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with Z68 or z77 chipset", if you want to pair it with sandy..
    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with z77 chipset", if you want to pair it with ivy..
    and
    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with z87 chipset", if you want to pair it with haswell class..

    This is the easiest way, for me and for you..:D

    If you wanna detailed explanation, please use google..:)
  9. Quaddro said:
    sandy, 2nd gen
    ivy, 3rd gen
    haswell, 4th gen

    how to know it and check out these..?
    well..
    just go to the computer store nearest you, and say..

    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with Z68 or z77 chipset", if you want to pair it with sandy..
    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with z77 chipset", if you want to pair it with ivy..
    and
    "sir, i want to buy a motherboard with with z87 chipset", if you want to pair it with haswell class..

    This is the easiest way, for me and for you..:D

    If you wanna detailed explanation, please use google..:)


    thanks quaddro....sir one final question.....i am having a HPpc with core i7 3770s . is it overclockable
  10. vikashrai said:

    thanks quaddro....sir one final question.....i am having a HPpc with core i7 3770s . is it overclockable


    You have non "k" processor, non unlocked processor..
    That's mean that you can't overclock it..
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Hewlett Packard CPUs