Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build a PC around GPU: MSI N770-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 27, 2013 8:01:50 AM

Can someone build the cheapest PC all off of new egg with reliable equipment that is build around

GPU: MSI N770-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

I really want to play battlefield 4 on ultra with the least amount of money I have to spend. I probably wont be upgrading in the future, if not for a very long time. I've been trying to build one myself but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right/if everything works.
November 27, 2013 8:05:27 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($176.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($312.99 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $810.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-27 11:05 EST-0500)
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:05:56 AM

Thats a fairly high end video card you will want the rest of the hardware to match especially if you plan on keeping this system and have it be viable for years to come do you have a budget in mind and what would be your limit?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 27, 2013 8:07:47 AM

CNCSIT said:
Thats a fairly high end video card you will want the rest of the hardware to match especially if you plan on keeping this system and have it be viable for years to come do you have a budget in mind and what would be your limit?


Have a look at my post. VERY high quality parts and will last a long time for a very good price. Nothing will bottleneck and it will easily max bf4.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:08:24 AM

tiny voices said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($176.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($312.99 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $810.87
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-27 11:05 EST-0500)


Anyway you could have this all off of new egg ? I need to special finance it.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:09:29 AM

CNCSIT said:
Thats a fairly high end video card you will want the rest of the hardware to match especially if you plan on keeping this system and have it be viable for years to come do you have a budget in mind and what would be your limit?


My budget is probably around 1300 but less if able. The only thing is, I need to special finance it, so I would preferably want it all off of new egg.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:12:22 AM

I don't like to give financial advice, but if you are financing it, make sure you can pay it off within 8 months, a year tops. At that point you will change things, mess around with stuff, things may need replacing, you might want a change. I have seen plenty of people paying off a pile of parts in the closet they aren't even using.

Buying from only newegg will substantially raise the price.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:14:49 AM

tiny voices said:
CNCSIT said:
Thats a fairly high end video card you will want the rest of the hardware to match especially if you plan on keeping this system and have it be viable for years to come do you have a budget in mind and what would be your limit?


Have a look at my post. VERY high quality parts and will last a long time for a very good price. Nothing will bottleneck and it will easily max bf4.


Very true but i was just looking for more information so he will get the best bang for the buck he is looking to spend.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:16:03 AM

tiny voices said:
I don't like to give financial advice, but if you are financing it, make sure you can pay it off within 8 months, a year tops. At that point you will change things, mess around with stuff, things may need replacing, you might want a change. I have seen plenty of people paying off a pile of parts in the closet they aren't even using.

Buying from only newegg will substantially raise the price.


I'll probably have it paid off in just a few months, like 3-5 months tops. As long as nothing breaks I'll probably keep my build the way it is for a few years to come. New egg is having a lot of deals at the moment, so hopefully not too much higher.

This is what's in my cart at the moment but like i said i have no idea if it is compatible.

Case: Xigmatek CCM-35ABX-U01 (Recon) Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case
GPU: MSI N770-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY8GX3M2A1866C9B (Blue)
processor: Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670
power supply: Rosewill TACHYON -1000 1000W Continuous @ 50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS PLATINUM, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire Ready, Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:18:17 AM

1000w is so stupid and worthless. Get 650 tops. Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic only

Get an H87 motherboard because you will not be overclocking that CPU.

m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:26:39 AM

tiny voices said:
1000w is so stupid and worthless. Get 650 tops. Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic only

Get an H87 motherboard because you will not be overclocking that CPU.



If I changed the power supply to

CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply & New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

and the motherboard to

ASRock Z87 Extreme6 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

would the build be better? Thanks a lot for your continuous help by the way!
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:27:28 AM

That motherboard is still a z87 board. You aren't overclocking the CPU so you should get an h87 board.

That PSU is great.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:30:54 AM

tiny voices said:
That motherboard is still a z87 board. You aren't overclocking the CPU so you should get an h87 board.

That PSU is great.


Would u mind looking on new egg for a motherboard youre talking about? I wasnt sure what h87 meant so i did a search and picked from the motherboards within that search, sorry! Would be greatly appreciated. Also any recommendations on a 2TB hard drive?
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:34:32 AM

tiny voices said:
That motherboard is still a z87 board. You aren't overclocking the CPU so you should get an h87 board.

That PSU is great.


Saw this new item

ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

and was planning on getting xsplit anyways, would this be a valuable purchase? Just a thought really.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:35:21 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... this is a good board. You can definitely use a z87 board, but because you won't be overclocking, you just won't be using the features that make it better over an h87 board so it is a bit of a waste.

That ASRock board is overkill for your needs. It is build for overclocking, which you will not be doing.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:51:04 AM

tiny voices said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... this is a good board. You can definitely use a z87 board, but because you won't be overclocking, you just won't be using the features that make it better over an h87 board so it is a bit of a waste.

That ASRock board is overkill for your needs. It is build for overclocking, which you will not be doing.


Thanks a ton! the last thing i need is an OS and hard drive correct?

What are the best companies who make hard drives? preferably 2 TB? What do i need to make sure its compatible with?
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 8:52:07 AM

Westen Digital Blue/black drives are what you want to stick with. Seagate Barracuda are also very good drives.
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 9:05:51 AM

tiny voices said:
Westen Digital Blue/black drives are what you want to stick with. Seagate Barracuda are also very good drives.


Thank you very much for your help

i went with

WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 9:12:12 AM

That is a great drive. Always glad to be able to help!
m
0
l
November 27, 2013 9:16:12 AM

tiny voices said:
That is a great drive. Always glad to be able to help!

A friend of mine said i wont be able to upgrade stuff if i get regular windows 8.1 compared to 8.1 full version. I've googled the difference but with no luck, do u know anything on that matter?

Also, I just realized i need a CD driver as well. Will this one work with the case?

ASUS Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818AAT (DVD-E818AAT/BLK/B/GE) - OEM
m
0
l

Best solution

November 27, 2013 9:24:55 AM

Yes that will work fine.

The ONLY thing you can't change without reinstalling windows is the motherboard, which you won't be changing for years anyway. So, do not worry about it.
Share
December 1, 2013 7:37:23 PM

Total: $999.91
CPU Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $249.99
CPU Cooler Silverstone AR01 81.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing $34.99
Motherboard Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 $94.99
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 $109.99
Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD $69.99
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB $329.99
Power Supply Rosewill 630W ATX12V / EPS12V $24.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $79.99

This is a build that I just bought. I was able to find the video card on ebay for just $294.00. It was listed by NewEgg, but for much less than what was on the site.

I'm keeping the case and main hard drive and DVD drivefrom my last computer. Now definitely seems the time to buy. Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are really great.

The plan is to put the OS and a couple games on the SSD, and store everything else on the cheaper drive.

m
0
l
December 8, 2013 4:17:24 PM

I would have suggested coughing up the extra dough for an unlocked processor. Find the right website, and it could only cost you an extra 20 to 30 bucks, and stuck with the Z87 board. You've got a powerful graphics setup, might be prudent to have a powerful processor setup too, right?

MSI Z87 MB for $104.99: http://www.microcenter.com/product/414820/Z87-G41_PC_Ma...

i5 3570K for $179.99: http://www.microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K...

i5 4670K for $199.99: http://www.microcenter.com/product/413251/Core_i5_4670K...

Maybe a bit more wattage on the PSU (750 watt) would be able to handle a sizable amount of overclocking on both the CPU and video cards.
m
0
l
!