Can someone please check over this build and see if it's missing anything? Need the comp for gaming/video editing/watching movies/surfing. I chose the i7 4770 because I'd like something to last awhile. Are all components compatible and am I missing any parts?! If you couldn't already tell I'm a noob at building comps as this will be my first attempt. Gaming will mostly be WoW, Minecraft.. and anything else I'll find interesting during my winter break lol! I do not need a monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse or OS. Appreciate any feedback
1) run MEMTEST before installing Windows for at least one full pass (about an hour)
2) run Prime95 for at least 15 minutes after installation
3) If you do mean "video editing" and not just transcoding/converting you may benefit from 32GB. If you later decide to add more it's best to get another IDENTICAL kit. If you can't get identical you should get the same frequency and CAS.
4) update the motherboard BIOS
5) Click "XMP" in the motherboard BIOS and verify the DDR3 memory is at the proper frequency then save the settings.
6) Get the MAIN CHIPSET and other motherboard drivers direct from its support site for your version of Windows.
7) Install the motherboard software for FAN CONTROL and apply a fan profile to the CPU and any other case fans attached to the motherboard (i.e. 50% speed at 40degC to 100% at 80degC or similar).