Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

S.M.A.R.T error WD Hard Drive

Last response: in Storage
Share
November 28, 2013 5:24:38 AM

I have a WD 500 GB Blue Cavier hard drive few days ago my hard drive use to stop and start after few minutes unable to access anything then i did SMART test and got this error.




I am unable to do anything on my hard drive.
Please help what should i do i have 6 months warranty left. please help me with any advice.
Thank you

More about : error hard drive

Best solution

a c 297 G Storage
November 28, 2013 10:26:38 AM

No question about it. Just clean RMA it.

And the WD Blue drives are known for this similar problem, starting and stopping on their own. This drives has something to do with their power management option, they wont listen to windows management power option, and do things like this at their will.

But make sure you set the windows power management properly to not shut down the drive after a certain amount of time.
Share
November 28, 2013 11:08:58 PM

lonewolf7 said:
No question about it. Just clean RMA it.

And the WD Blue drives are known for this similar problem, starting and stopping on their own. This drives has something to do with their power management option, they wont listen to windows management power option, and do things like this at their will.

But make sure you set the windows power management properly to not shut down the drive after a certain amount of time.



Thank you.
And my hard drive starts and stops on boot up only it doesnt let me load up Windows at all system hangs and nothing happens and i have checked Windows power management and its fine no prob.
So my only solution is RMA right?

m
0
l
Related resources
a c 297 G Storage
November 29, 2013 10:53:52 AM

Yes RMA is the only solution, do it ASAP. Good luck.
m
0
l
November 30, 2013 3:39:46 AM

absrap said:
lonewolf7 said:
No question about it. Just clean RMA it.

And the WD Blue drives are known for this similar problem, starting and stopping on their own. This drives has something to do with their power management option, they wont listen to windows management power option, and do things like this at their will.

But make sure you set the windows power management properly to not shut down the drive after a certain amount of time.



Thank you.
And my hard drive starts and stops on boot up only it doesnt let me load up Windows at all system hangs and nothing happens and i have checked Windows power management and its fine no prob.
So my only solution is RMA right?



lonewolf7 said:
Yes RMA is the only solution, do it ASAP. Good luck.


Thanks Lonewolf7 for your advice and i want to know how can i retrieve data from my hard drive as it is my system drive i am unable to boot up. I searched on the internet and found that i can recover data by putting my hard drive in another pc as storageand using any 3rd party data recovery software. Is it possible? and if yes which software is good? Thanks again appreciate your advice.
m
0
l
a c 297 G Storage
November 30, 2013 9:45:16 AM

You are welcome. If you are able to find another system and plug this drive to that system then you wouldn't need data recovery software's to copy data.

You can do it within windows explorer. Simply copy and paste the data's from the problematic drive to a good working drive.

If anything goes wrong, then try the data recovery software.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

http://download.cnet.com/Zero-Assumption-Recovery/3000-...

And I heard that RECUVA is another good software to do the job. Good luck. Keep us posted.
m
0
l
!