Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will 2gb ram play bf3 at max settings

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 28, 2013 6:11:46 AM

Hi
I am looking forward to getting a new gc for my rig
my specs:
intel core 2 duo E7500 2.93ghz
2gb ddr2 ram
zebronic 450w psu
1366X768 max resolution monitor
500gb seagate hdd

i am thinking of getting an evga gtx 660. i plan to play games like bf3, crysis 3, hitman absolution, nfs run etc at ultra settings at 1366X768 resolution. Would my pc be able to handle it?Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanx in advance.also i am planning to get the gc with my relative from usa in feb...will there be any practical probs with running the gc in india?? thanx again...

More about : 2gb ram play bf3 max settings

November 28, 2013 6:19:23 AM

mobo?
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 6:31:16 AM

While it may be possible to play the game with 2GB, I found that my PC ran smoother when I upgraded from 4 to 8 GB. Also, the Intel E5700 will not be able to fully support a 660 GTX. My Q9550 most likely wouldn't fully support a 660gtx. What GPU do you currently have?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 28, 2013 6:31:46 AM

In order to play multiplayer, you are going to at least need 4GB of system RAM. Your processor also is showing its age. Most of the games you have listed require a quad core PC for optimal performance, and Crysis 3 probably will not run above medium even at that resolution. While it may seem like a large investment, I recommend at least getting a Ivy Bridge/Haswell i3, even though it is dual core, it is much more suited to those games. While you're at it, grab any reliable 4GB RAM kit and the new motherboard to slide all those new shiny parts in. your power supply may or may not be enough for all of that, with haswell and 600 series I would say you are fine.
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 7:42:07 AM

WhimsicalFunTime said:
In order to play multiplayer, you are going to at least need 4GB of system RAM. Your processor also is showing its age. Most of the games you have listed require a quad core PC for optimal performance, and Crysis 3 probably will not run above medium even at that resolution. While it may seem like a large investment, I recommend at least getting a Ivy Bridge/Haswell i3, even though it is dual core, it is much more suited to those games. While you're at it, grab any reliable 4GB RAM kit and the new motherboard to slide all those new shiny parts in. your power supply may or may not be enough for all of that, with haswell and 600 series I would say you are fine.

i am not planning to upgrade my cpu as of now but i dont play multiplayer. i m not planning to upgrade anything as of now except i might get a 2gb ram if very essential. i m fine with having to play at medium or high settings. do i really need to upgrade my ram as of now??
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 7:44:34 AM

barto said:
While it may be possible to play the game with 2GB, I found that my PC ran smoother when I upgraded from 4 to 8 GB. Also, the Intel E5700 will not be able to fully support a 660 GTX. My Q9550 most likely wouldn't fully support a 660gtx. What GPU do you currently have?


i presently have the inbuilt intel g33 chipset which is good for nothing...and will my cpu and ram bottleneck the gtx 660 too much??
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 7:47:10 AM

varun_02 said:
mobo?


i am not sure but i have a 4yr old msi mobo with pcie1.0 and only 2 ram slots...sorry but i am not too much knowledgeable in this case..
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 7:50:41 AM

i am not even planning on higher resolutions i am good to go at 1366X768
m
0
l

Best solution

November 30, 2013 7:44:30 AM

sahitya1994 said:
i presently have the inbuilt intel g33 chipset which is good for nothing...and will my cpu and ram bottleneck the gtx 660 too much??


Yes it will. I wouldn't suggest any GPU greater than a 650 gt or a 7770 HD for your PC.

Share
!