Need help getting 660 ti to work on desktop

leannais91

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
I just purchased a Evga 660 ti (03G-P4-3661-KR) Graphics cards, but i cant get it to work.
I removed all the drivers from my amd 7770 graphics card, and did a driver sweep in safe mode.

When i plug my hdmi cable into the graphics card it works, and everything shows up on the monitor and the fan on the card is running. However device manager still only shows Standard VGA adapter for my display. The nividia website detects the card and recognizes its a 660 ti and recommends the latest driver GEFORCE 331.82 DRIVER. When i try to install it, it says failed installation every-time.. Could this be a bad graphics card, or an incompatibility with my motherboard?

My system specs
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Cpu - Amd FX- 8120 Eight core
Motherboard - Ga-78LMT-S2

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Aidan P

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2013
I purchased the 660 SC and originally had the exact same problem, just trying to remember how I got around it. Can't remember off the top of my head but I will get back to you if I remember, sorry I can't give you an answer right now, will ASAP.

leannais91

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

I tried doing this as well, Geforce experience originally recognized my card, and recommended a driver, but the driver installation failed. Now it says my driver is up to date, but doesn't recognize the 660 ti and wont install any drivers.

Thanks for the response :)

leannais91

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

This worked thank you! It would seem that the latest drivers caused installation failure not sure why. I am now using an older driver, when I try to update, the update fails