Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Last response: in Components
Share
November 28, 2013 9:38:19 AM

Hello guys. Im not much of computer expert, but ive tried so many things to solve my problem which i have since long time ago.
When im browsing the internet, watching videos or playing games my screen often freezes and sound interupts for few seconds.
I think the problem is in AMD Audio drivers. Im currently using AMD Catalyst 13.9 driver package. So, i was wandring what do u think its the problem here, and can i somehow bypass this AMD High Definition Audio Device and install some other drivers instead? Ive heard that Realtek drivers often solve these kind of problems. So please, if anyone can tell me step by step how to uninstall propertly this audio drivers and where can i download Realtek drivers.
Im using AMD Radeon HD6670 graphics.
Thanks in advance!

More about : amd high definition audio device

November 28, 2013 10:30:51 AM

puredope said:
Hello guys. Im not much of computer expert, but ive tried so many things to solve my problem which i have since long time ago.
When im browsing the internet, watching videos or playing games my screen often freezes and sound interupts for few seconds.
I think the problem is in AMD Audio drivers. Im currently using AMD Catalyst 13.9 driver package. So, i was wandring what do u think its the problem here, and can i somehow bypass this AMD High Definition Audio Device and install some other drivers instead? Ive heard that Realtek drivers often solve these kind of problems. So please, if anyone can tell me step by step how to uninstall propertly this audio drivers and where can i download Realtek drivers.
Im using AMD Radeon HD6670 graphics.
Thanks in advance!


Realtek drivers are for Realtek sound cards. I would assume you are using audio over HDMI and therefore using the AMD GPU's audio chip requiring the AMD audio driver.
Have you got the latest AMD drivers?
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 11:18:01 AM

ganon11000 said:

Realtek drivers are for Realtek sound cards. I would assume you are using audio over HDMI and therefore using the AMD GPU's audio chip requiring the AMD audio driver.
Have you got the latest AMD drivers?


Hey thank you for ur reply.
Yes i got latest drivers. What exactly means HDMI? Bcus my graphics card is pluged in Monitor via that old cable, like this http://nativedigital.co.uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2012... .
m
0
l
November 29, 2013 4:51:25 AM

puredope said:
ganon11000 said:

Realtek drivers are for Realtek sound cards. I would assume you are using audio over HDMI and therefore using the AMD GPU's audio chip requiring the AMD audio driver.
Have you got the latest AMD drivers?


Hey thank you for ur reply.
Yes i got latest drivers. What exactly means HDMI? Bcus my graphics card is pluged in Monitor via that old cable, like this http://nativedigital.co.uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2012... .


In that case the AMD Audio Driver is not being used.
What motherboard do you have?
m
0
l
November 29, 2013 5:03:34 PM

ganon11000 said:

In that case the AMD Audio Driver is not being used.
What motherboard do you have?


uhm..i believe it is MS-7680
Im thinking maybe i should update my BIOS ?
the thing is, i found some drivers on MSI official site, and i was allready installed some BIOS update earlier but now i do not know if i can install newer version maybe?
downloads are on this link: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-P23--B3-.html#/?div=...
So if u can just look and see what should i download from here.
In Live Update program it says i have H.60 BIOS version and i dont know if some of these files are maybe newer ones.
I also think i have SandyBridge processor.
m
0
l
December 2, 2013 10:29:43 AM

ganon11000 said:
Try the VIA codec here: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-P23--B3-.html#/?div=... 64


I tried driver u suggested, installed it but my problem still isnt solved.
What do u think about this BIOS updates? http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-P23--B3-.html#/?div=...
What update can i install from there.
I currently have BIOS v17.2 and i see on that site newest is 19.2. So, can i install this newest version?
I dont know what means that red text below update download link
*Please download and execute the file in USB pen drive only.
System will restart several times to update ME firmware after updated system BIOS. Please DO NOT remove the USB pen drive until ME update sucessfully.

It says something about IvyBridge processor, but im sure i have SandyBridge so i dont want to mess something up.
Can u tell me is it safe for me to try to update my BIOS with this newest 19.2 version?
m
0
l
December 2, 2013 11:15:29 AM

puredope said:
ganon11000 said:
Try the VIA codec here: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-P23--B3-.html#/?div=... 64


I tried driver u suggested, installed it but my problem still isnt solved.
What do u think about this BIOS updates? http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-P23--B3-.html#/?div=...
What update can i install from there.
I currently have BIOS v17.2 and i see on that site newest is 19.2. So, can i install this newest version?
I dont know what means that red text below update download link
*Please download and execute the file in USB pen drive only.
System will restart several times to update ME firmware after updated system BIOS. Please DO NOT remove the USB pen drive until ME update sucessfully.

It says something about IvyBridge processor, but im sure i have SandyBridge so i dont want to mess something up.
Can u tell me is it safe for me to try to update my BIOS with this newest 19.2 version?


It is 99% safe unless you loose power during the update.
m
0
l
!