120/144hz GPU for bf4

LS_7

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I just built a new rig and am going to buy a new Asus 144hz monitor to run BF4. I was looking into the R9280x but didn't know if there was a better option say Gtx 770 specifically talking about Gsync. I know Nvidia has that cool new Gsync but what about AMD/ See i like the $300 price of the 280x providingg 3gb ram and i would consider crossfire after i saved up a bit for a second card but I just don't know if AMD has as good a G sync feature?

Solution
I don't see g-sync being good for a good time. they are bringing it out on 1080p TN panels which is really bad imo.
However mantle is coming out in december for bf4 and with amd cards you will be able to enjoy the performance boost very soon! How much of a performance boost we will see ....
Just go for what you want the most both cards are really good for price/performance.

Zuul

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I don't see g-sync being good for a good time. they are bringing it out on 1080p TN panels which is really bad imo.
However mantle is coming out in december for bf4 and with amd cards you will be able to enjoy the performance boost very soon! How much of a performance boost we will see ....
Just go for what you want the most both cards are really good for price/performance.

Solution

Zuul

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
adding a second one however would max it out at requested framerates however it comes with the price. Crossfire also is not perfect keep that in mind.
1 r9 280x should run it at 120fps on some lower settings not maxed out ofcourse =)