6850 can't run Far Cry 3 on low settings?

Krisuuu

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hi Tom's! :)
First of all I'm sorry for my not-great knowledge of English, but I'm trying to describe this as well as I can.

So, I just bought Far Cry 3 and have played it a few times.
The problem is I can't run this game even on low settings (1920x1080). Fps is somewhat 50 usually. Should I worry about this or have the games just getting better and more gpu-needing? Other games I have played so far have worked pretty well.
I've tried different values of vsync, changing it doesn't really improve fps or smoothness overall.
Anti-aliasing has always been off/0.
Other specs are 2500K, Z68 pro3. (And of course the graphics card itself: Sapphire 6850.)

By the way, I'm using Evga Percision X to track temperature, clock, fps etc. The fan speed never goes above 60%, in any game. Is this normal? I suppose it is okay to track information with this program although it is more nvidia gpus?

Thanks in advance for answers! :)

akensai

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
You may want to try updating your drivers, I've been able to run FC3 on medium with an HD 7750 which is much lower on the totem pole than your 6850 is.

There are quite a few factors that could be the issue but the most probable is that the older tech is having issues running the newish tech in FC3. Aside from that the only possibility is that the GPU is starting to die. You may want to try searching around for others to see if anyone else with the same card has had issues running it.

I can easily play it on 1080p High with my 6850. Usually with 2x AA.

Oh, and the fan speed looks normal. Fans and coolers get very inefficient near full throttle, the extra RPM mostly turn into a lot of noise and just a tiny bit of extra cooling.

Krisuuu

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Here is a pic from Catalyst Control Center (13.8) before I installed Catalyst 13.11.
http://aijaa.com/lqToeR#zoom

After update:
http://aijaa.com/OpFfAU

Doesn't updating Catalyst control center also update gpu drivers?
Windows says I have the newest gpu drivers.
Unfortunately this update didn't improve fps in Far Cry 3.

Btw, last time I cleaned the inside of my comuter was almost a year ago. I think I should give it a dust cleaning too?

E: The images doesn't show up, have to use links.
E2: It's not the internet lag, I'm only playing story mode.