Solved

ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 usb3 no post/no display

Hello, I have had terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible luck building my own computer. I am currently on my 5th mobo, and just really need some help here.
So, I currently have a ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 usb3, however, I do not get a post with everything installed, nor do I get any display. However, when I remove the ram, I get the post code for a ram error. So essentially I am at a lose, I have a friend who said it may be a ram compatibility issue.
I am running a AMD FX-8150 black edition
and have G. Skill Ripjaw F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL, I also have Corsair Vengeance CMP4GX3M2A1600C9B.

I really appreciate any help, I have a MSI Twin Frozor 7950 just sitting around doing nothing, and it's rather depressing.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus m5a78l usb3 usb3 post display
  1. Have you updated the bios your board supports your cpu try 1 stick of ram yes 1 stick and see if she boots if so try slots either 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 for 2 sticks what kind of power supply do you have and you should know the fx chips run best on a 990 fx board.
  2. johnnyb105 said:
    Have you updated the bios your board supports your cpu try 1 stick of ram yes 1 stick and see if she boots if so try slots either 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 for 2 sticks what kind of power supply do you have and you should know the fx chips run best on a 990 fx board.



    I have a cooler master Silent ProM 700W
    how do I update the bios without having a display?
    btw, I've tried all the diff configs of ram
  3. Do you have your ram inserted all the way have you check your cpu,s for bent pins? do you have your 24 pin connector and 4 pin may be 8 pin by the cpu connected?

    look at this ok


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
  4. johnnyb105 said:
    Do you have your ram inserted all the way have you check your cpu,s for bent pins? do you have your 24 pin connector and 4 pin may be 8 pin by the cpu connected?

    look at this ok


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems


    please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not an idiot...
    I can assure you, there are no connection issues and nothing causing a short.

    I'm going to a place to have a couple different sets of ram tested, was just wondering if anyone had experience with this board and ram issues.

    again, I do get a post code when there is no ram installed
  5. Try 1 stick of ram and see if your system posts
  6. johnnyb105 said:
    Try 1 stick of ram and see if your system posts


    I've already tried all configs of ram...
  7. Best answer
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131942

    here are some reviews you may have to rma the board it may be dead or not working correct... take a look at this..


    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/301875-30-m5a78l-usb3-flashing-bios-problem
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus RAM USB3 Motherboards Displays