R9 290 no hdmi audio

cabelo3d

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I bought a AMD Radeon R9 290 Series and I can't get HDMI audio working.

My rig: Motherboard EVGA X58 Micro SLI
Intel 980X 6 core processor Hyper X 1600Mhz DDR3 24gb memory
Corsair TX850w PSU
Western Digital HD 1Tb
R9 290 with the 13.11 driver installed
Windows 8.1 x64 Os

My old Nvidia GTX480 card was connected to my 32" TV/Monitor from Philips and I had audio on the Monitor coming through the hdmi cable. I had the Realtek onboard audio card drivers and the HD audio drivers from Nvidia as well. I used to turn "Speakers" as the default audio device and I could use headphones with that, and when needed, I used to change to HDMI Nvidia audio output to have audio on the TV. That simple. So, I installed the new Radeon card and used the Hdmi cable that came with it. Put the 13.11 driver from Amd site. In the Playback devices I have a list of devices:
1- PHILIPS - AMD High Definition Audio Device
2- Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (Not plugged in)
3- Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (Not plugged in)
4- Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (Not plugged in)
5- Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (Not plugged in)
6- Digital Display Audio - AMD High Definition Audio Device (Not plugged in)
7- Speakers - Realtek High Definition Audio
8- Realtek Digital Output - Realtek High Definition Audio
9- Realtek HDMI Output - Realtek High Definition Audio

I tried everything. Disabling and enabling all of them. I've noticed there's a Bios Update which I've applied to the card already. Tried the drivers that came with the CD. Tried the beta driver and the official one too. Tried to replace the HDMI cable, tried to disabling the Realtek on board card in the Bios, tried to get rid of the Realtek drivers, and at the end, I asked my vendor to replace the card too. I got a brand new one and then, I installed the new card, new drivers and stuff and I still don't have HDMI audio. installed the new Bios.

I search the internet about something similar but no luck. I doubt nobody else is getting the same problem. May I get back to Nvidia if no solution is find.

Thanks.