Solved

Will the components of this build be compatible? Will it be decent?

I am going to make a "budget build" for my first computer build. My question is, will this build work? I checked it and it looks so, but I want to make sure.

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133
GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr OC AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750k 100W Quad core 3.4 Ghz
Case/PSU: Rosewill ATX Computer Case WITH 500-Watt Power Supply

This build will be combined with a simple 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, Windows 7 (or 8.1), a cheap optical drive, two monitors, (1600x900 & 1024x768).

Will these parts be compatible? Also, what do you think? I plan on playing some of the newer games (COD: Ghosts, Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, (you get the point).
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about components build compatible decent
  1. I put this in the wrong thread, it has been moved respectfully.
  2. TylerSharkey said:
    I am going to make a "budget build" for my first computer build. My question is, will this build work? I checked it and it looks so, but I want to make sure.

    Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
    Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133
    GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr OC AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5
    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750k 100W Quad core 3.4 Ghz
    Case/PSU: Rosewill ATX Computer Case WITH 500-Watt Power Supply

    This build will be combined with a simple 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, Windows 7 (or 8.1), a cheap optical drive, two monitors, (1600x900 & 1024x768).

    Will these parts be compatible? Also, what do you think? I plan on playing some of the newer games (COD: Ghosts, Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, (you get the point).


    The RAM will be fine at 1600MHz and probably cheaper (don't pay more than 70$ for 8GB)
    The parts are compatible, but that graphics card is the same price as an HD 7870 right now on newegg (also the MSI variety) so go with that too. Other than that looks good, and look at your case, do some dimensions comparisons with your case and the graphics card, to make sure it will fit, then youre golden
  3. The HD 7870 was out of stock last time I checked, and I can get the Ram at the listed MHz for 50 dollars, Is it still okay?
  4. TylerSharkey said:
    The HD 7870 was out of stock last time I checked, and I can get the Ram at the listed MHz for 50 dollars, Is it still okay?


    The RAM is good no doubt. The performance difference between a 7850 and a 7870 is more considerable than he XX20 would imply...take a look.
    http://www.hwcompare.com/12187/radeon-hd-7850-vs-radeon-hd-7870/
    I honestly would wait and get a 7870 for maybe 20 bucks more or 30 at most (depending on which type and how long you can wait.) If you absolutely cant wait, go for the 7850..
  5. Best answer
    Wouldn't the 7870 be bottlenecked by the cpu enough that it would just be more worth it to get the 7850?
  6. TylerSharkey said:
    Wouldn't the 7870 be bottlenecked by the cpu enough that it would just be more worth it to get the 7850?

    Hm that is a good point. Your probably right.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Components Build Compatibility