Hello I would love some help in finding out the problem with my system. In the last few weeks :
- My cursor started freezing for a few seconds or getting corrupted ( green pixels or wrong pointer , vertical bar or thumb instead of the usual arrow) This usually occurs in windows or while surfing the web , it hasn't happened yet while gaming although I noticed fluctuating fps a few times.
- Sometimes the whole image freezes and the only thing I can do is hit the reset button .
- The screen goes black for a few seconds and I get a pop up message that the nvidia drivers have stopped working and recovered.
- Sometimes when I shut down windows my screen goes black after a few seconds and I keep getting a little image pop out in the corner going between analog and digital almost like the monitor can't find a signal and my pc doesn't shut down.
- Rarely after I shut down my pc I hear a really loud fan go on for 2-3 seconds and then it stops.
All these things occur at random but usually I get at least one every day the most common one being mouse freezes or complete image freezes.
I was wondering if this could be a GPU problem , a driver problem or something else (HDD issue ? )
CPU Intel i5 2500k
Stock CPU cooler
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mhz
Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H Motherboard
Corsair TX 750 PSU
Asus GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 850mhz
HDD Western Digital, 1 TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, SATA III
OS Windows 7
This is my first post here so I'm sorry if I was rambling I would love to hear what you guys have to say.
Yes my drivers are usually up to date . I just checked now and there is a new version out 331.82 so I' ll update to that now but I doubt that's the issue as when the problems first occurred my driver was up to date.
No external HDD , my cpu temp is around 42 C in idle but it can go as high as 50 sometimes , I was thinking about getting coolermaster hyper 212 evo to replace my stock cooler . GPU temp is around 35-40 C I've logged some data with gpu-z maybe you can tell me if it's right. Sensor log
gpuz report looks fine. Have you installed window's updates recently and or updated .net framework recently. Or any recent hardware or software change may lead to such problem. Try un-installing that latest hardware and software and see if it resolves the issue. If not, then system restore or re-installing windows may resolve the issue.