Solved

Graphic card help, need advice! (gaming computer)

Hi all. I am a really big noob when it comes to computer building so I came here for some help/advice.(also this is my first time posting, hi!)
Ok, so I'm currently building a computer and need help with picking a graphic card.
Here's my computer so far, hope it's not too bad!

CPU:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

MOBO (motherboard):
www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_Socket_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

RAM:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233280

Hard Drive:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

I don't have much of a budget but just a decent graphic card at middle price will do.
Also if you want to suggest some other stuff too (case, power supply etc) that'll be appreciated too! As I'm not finished this build. Please remember I'm a hardcore noob, lol.

Thanks! :)
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card advice gaming computer
  1. Well for a good mid-range card, you have the gtx 760 for around $250 and the r9 270x for around $200, with the 760 being slightly stronger. It really depends on how much you want to spend.
  2. pokagbamo said:
    Well for a good mid-range card, you have the gtx 760 for around $250 and the r9 270x for around $200, with the 760 being slightly stronger. It really depends on how much you want to spend.


    Ok, thanks!
    I guess I'll walk a little longer for a final decision..
  3. What's ur budget for gpu?
  4. Best answer
    i would suggest an AMD HD 7870 or GTX 660 both can be bought for around 150 maybe little more depending on which brand you choose but both will be fine for playing the latest games
  5. iceclock said:
    What's ur budget for gpu?


    Hmm, well maybe mid-range?..
  6. Nerdi said:
    iceclock said:
    What's ur budget for gpu?


    Hmm, well maybe mid-range?..



    the cards i mentioned above would be in that range
  7. Inertia01 said:
    Nerdi said:
    iceclock said:
    What's ur budget for gpu?


    Hmm, well maybe mid-range?..



    the cards i mentioned above would be in that range

    Yeah, I might go for one of them.. Which one though?
  8. Nerdi said:
    Inertia01 said:
    Nerdi said:
    iceclock said:
    What's ur budget for gpu?


    Hmm, well maybe mid-range?..



    the cards i mentioned above would be in that range

    Yeah, I might go for one of them.. Which one though?


    i would recommend both of them either will be fine it depends on your budget and whatever one is cheaper
  9. Inertia01 said:
    Nerdi said:
    Inertia01 said:
    Nerdi said:
    iceclock said:
    What's ur budget for gpu?


    Hmm, well maybe mid-range?..



    the cards i mentioned above would be in that range

    Yeah, I might go for one of them.. Which one though?


    i would recommend both of them either will be fine it depends on your budget and whatever one is cheaper


    Ok! I heard somewhere that you might need 2 of these or something? Is that true? ..
  10. what do you mean by needing two of them?
  11. Inertia01 said:
    what do you mean by needing two of them?


    Like two graphic cards for better performance or something.
  12. Nerdi said:
    Inertia01 said:
    what do you mean by needing two of them?


    Like two graphic cards for better performance or something.


    No you wont need two. either cards will play everything fine by them self. for future reference both are able to be sli/crossfired your motherboard supports both crossfire and sli so when the time comes in a few years you can add a second same card
  13. Inertia01 said:
    Nerdi said:
    Inertia01 said:
    what do you mean by needing two of them?


    Like two graphic cards for better performance or something.


    No you wont need two. either cards will play everything fine by them self. for future reference both are able to be sli/crossfired your motherboard supports both crossfire and sli so when the time comes in a few years you can add a second same card

    Ok, thanks for your help! :)
  14. No problem if this has solved your questions dont forget to close the thread and happy gaming :)
  15. eggcellent
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Graphics Cards Intel Graphics