Alienware Aurora GTX 660 upgrade

Hey, everyone I have an Alienware Aurora and was wanting to upgrade the graphics card from a GTX 630 to a Nvidia GTX 660 (non-Ti) I wanted to get this to be able to plat some higher end games bc I realize and read that the GTX 630 isn't all that great. Pretty much I have set my mind on the GTX 660 also because it is in my price range and seems like it should serve well for a graphics card to run modern games. The only real problem I face now is... (hopefully this isn't too much of a stupid question) But is it possible to upgrade my GTX 630 to and GTX 660? Please help, thank you -Mrshpilkas
11 answers Last reply
More about alienware aurora gtx 660 upgrade
  1. you just have to take out the old one and put the new one in here is a guide
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/225823/how_to_upgrade_your_graphics_card.html
  2. cramved said:
    you just have to take out the old one and put the new one in here is a guide
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/225823/how_to_upgrade_your_graphics_card.html


    Well ik how to put it in, I just want to know if its compatible, will my alienware be able to handle it?
  3. MrShpilkas said:
    cramved said:
    you just have to take out the old one and put the new one in here is a guide
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/225823/how_to_upgrade_your_graphics_card.html


    Well ik how to put it in, I just want to know if its compatible, will my alienware be able to handle it?


    What cpu do you have?
  4. What cpu do you have?


    I have an Intel i7
  5. when did you buy this computer?
  6. I don't know, why?
  7. Because i can find out what generation the processor is from and from that i can find out the motherboard and from that the compatibility.
  8. Ok, ill have to get back to you on that in a few mins then, thanks
  9. MrShpilkas said:
    Ok, ill have to get back to you on that in a few mins then, thanks


    ok\
  10. Apparently I got it in 2009, its an Alienware Aurora
  11. ya it will work if the graphics card fits in the motherboard
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Alienware Graphics Cards Graphics