Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Graphics card won't fit in this PC?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
December 1, 2013 11:42:22 AM

Hi guys. I was looking to get a new computer, as my previous one decided to have some irritating issues. My budget is limited, so I am deciding to buy a refurbished prebuilt computer. I have been looking and I have set my hopes on this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I will want to add my GTX 460 to this, and of course replace the PSU with a 475 watt Delta PSU I have.

However, 2 concerns have come up. The big concern I have is will my graphics card fit in this computer? Not the size of the case, but the look at the location of the RAM slots. They seem awfully close the end of the PCI-Express slot. If the graphics card can't make the fit, then getting this computer will be taken off my list for sure.

Second concern, does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the power supply used in the is PC? I want to make sure my Delta PSU will fit.

Any thing will help. Thanks and bye.

More about : graphics card fit

Best solution

a c 259 U Graphics card
December 1, 2013 12:28:29 PM

Any gfx card will clear those RAM slots. I admit, it looks close, but the card will clear. Blow up the pic on Newegg and look at the slot. Virtually none of a gfx card extends "up" from the center of the slot. The PCB itself is all that enters the slot, the body of the card extends "down" from that slot.
Share
December 1, 2013 12:45:05 PM

clutchc said:
Any gfx card will clear those RAM slots. I admit, it looks close, but the card will clear. Blow up the pic on Newegg and look at the slot. Virtually none of a gfx card extends "up" from the center of the slot. The PCB itself is all that enters the slot, the body of the card extends "down" from that slot.


Thanks a lot. One more thing, can you tell how big the PSU is? I have 2 PSUs, one is the Delta, the other is a cheap 200 watt. The Delta PSU is about 1 cm taller than the other. Do you think the Delta could fit in this case? (I know it is not a lot of info).
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 259 U Graphics card
December 1, 2013 12:56:47 PM

The specs state 280W, not big enough to handle much of any discrete card, let alone your GTX 460. I can't make out the +12V rail, but I would guess less that 18A. It appears to be a std ATX PSU. Any ATX PSUs you have should fit fine. What is the +12V rating of yours?
m
0
l
December 1, 2013 1:05:47 PM

clutchc said:
The specs state 280W, not big enough to handle much of any discrete card, let alone your GTX 460. I can't make out the +12V rail, but I would guess less that 18A. It appears to be a std ATX PSU. Any ATX PSUs you have should fit fine. What is the +12V rating of yours?


I don't know what exactly I should be looking for, but here is my PSU outputs are

+5.1V --- / 21A
+3.3V --- / 15A
-12V --- / 0.3A
+5VSB --- / 2.25A
+12V CPU --- / 15A

+12V D --- / 12A
+12V B --- / 17.5A
m
0
l
a c 259 U Graphics card
December 1, 2013 1:41:05 PM

That has 44A capacity on the +12V rail. That should be more than necessary for the GTX 460 and the dual core CPU. If it is a good quality make.
m
0
l
December 1, 2013 1:44:48 PM

clutchc said:
That has 44A capacity on the +12V rail. That should be more than necessary for the GTX 460 and the dual core CPU. If it is a good quality make.


Ummm... Quad core CPU, right? It's an intel core i5. But thanks for the great help anyways!
m
0
l
a c 259 U Graphics card
December 1, 2013 1:58:28 PM

You're right... quad core. I was confusing your PC with another poster I'm working with at the same time. Sorry.
m
0
l
!