Solved

PSU, Computer and graphics card Compatibility

Hello everyone, I am upgrading my computer and this is what I currently have: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03511113-6%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&sp4ts.oid=5295969&ac.admitted=1385931801183.876444892.199480143

I am looking at buying this card: http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Radeon-Edition-Graphics-Express/dp/B008HZXRKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385931939&sr=8-1&keywords=VTX3d+7850

And this PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/269259-corsair-600w-cx-series-v2-psu-6x-sata-2x-pci-e-cmpsu-600cxv2uk

What mu question is, will the PSU work and fit in the computer, with the correct cables and everything, and will the graphics card fit in the computer. Thank you all in advance.
Also, is it difficult to put the parts in myself? This is my first ever upgrade, and is there much chance of things going wrong if I do it?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu computer graphics card compatibility
  1. Best answer
    Looking at that it will all work together and the PSU has a big enough wattage rating.

    As for swapping out the PSU, that can be tricky in some PC cases but most of the time its simple. You can just unplug all the wires and the PSU will slide out (after removing fixing screws). The GPU is easier, remove the PCI-e blanking plate from the back off the case, then install the card in the PCI-e slot. Remember to also power the card with either the PCI-e connector on the PSU or the molex adapters that will come with the card.
  2. The CX600 is too big for your hp , get this 550w unit made by SEASONIC , it's the same dimensions as your current PSU.

    Dimensions
    5.5" x 5.9" x 3.4"


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $49.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-01 16:55 EST-0500)
  3. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    The CX600 is too big for your hp , get this 550w unit made by SEASONIC , it's the same dimensions as your current PSU.

    Dimensions
    5.5" x 5.9" x 3.4"


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $49.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-01 16:55 EST-0500)


    Put the ones I linked to is the same size as my current one? Or am I missing something?
  4. zink1701 said:
    Looking at that it will all work together and the PSU has a big enough wattage rating.

    As for swapping out the PSU, that can be tricky in some PC cases but most of the time its simple. You can just unplug all the wires and the PSU will slide out (after removing fixing screws). The GPU is easier, remove the PCI-e blanking plate from the back off the case, then install the card in the PCI-e slot. Remember to also power the card with either the PCI-e connector on the PSU or the molex adapters that will come with the card.


    OK thanks, I was quite unsure if the graphics card would fit the computer, I was worried it would be too large :)
  5. The one I linked is a high quality PSU , MADE BY SEASONIC.
  6. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    The one I linked is a high quality PSU , MADE BY SEASONIC.


    I understand that, but you said that the builder series PSU is too big, and yet isn't it the same size as the one you sent me?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hewlett Packard Computers Components Radeon Graphics Cards Compatibility PSU