Solved

Should i put Gigabyte Raedon HD 7750 on my Dell Optiplex 780 MT (Mini Tower)?

I am Actually looking up to put a good gaming graphics card on my PC and after googling about thousand times and reading thousands of post and suggestions i think that i should put an HD 7750 on my Optiplex 780 that has a PSU of 305 watts and yes this card requires minimum 400 watts but over the net i saw it's charts that shows that 7750 consumes very low power.
many guyz were recommending me HD 6670 but i show them the link below that show it's just 4 watt differnce between them

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gt-640-review,3214-10.html

In The Next link the guy KareemGT was saying that he has 7750 on his optiplex 745
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1735556/dell-optiplex-745-mini-tower-graphics-card.html

see the link below for HD 7750's power consumption
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_7750_iCooler/24.html

Also see this one
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1636950/radeon-7750-work-300-watt-psu.html

Please Reply Thanks for you help in Advance

Regards:
Shah-Rukh Khan
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about put gigabyte raedon 7750 dell optiplex 780 mini tower
  1. go for it it should be fine.
  2. Be better off with the 7770 as long as you have a power connector for that card otherwise your system according to your power supply will run a 6670 just fine!
  3. Oh and go asus there a better card maker in my opinion
    .
  4. johnnyb105 said:
    Be better off with the 7770 as long as you have a power connector for that card otherwise your system according to your power supply will run a 6670 just fine!


    bro i am not asking for HD 7770 which requires a power connector (my pc don't have a power connector) i am asking for HD 7750 which doesn't require a power connector
  5. try the 7750 if it works fine if not you get a psu as well and problem solved.
  6. laviniuc said:
    try the 7750 if it works fine if not you get a psu as well and problem solved.


    but Laviniu Campean i think if i change my psu then why shouldn't i go for HD 7770 instead of HD 7750 cause it's just few dollar more and more powerful than HD 7750,what do you think?
    sorry if my english is hurting you haha my english is real bad
  7. Best answer
    it's ok. dont worry. try it, there's a pretty low chance that the 7750 will have issues.

    p.s. make sure you get the low profile version (slimmer) if only that fits in your case.
  8. laviniuc said:
    it's ok. dont worry. try it, there's a pretty low chance that the 7750 will have issues.

    p.s. make sure you get the low profile version (slimmer) if only that fits in your case.


    Will this one fix on my pc?
    http://www.czone.com.pk/graphic-cards-ati-radeon-gigabyte-radeon-hd-7750-1gb-gddr5-128bit-graphic-card-pakistan-p.1020.aspx
  9. if the full size cards (look in the case) then yep that's a good one. measure for space around and consider that new one is wider than your current

    if not, you'll need a low profile one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11202-10-20G-Profile-Graphics-Eyefinity/dp/B008H7T7YI
  10. laviniuc said:
    if the full size cards (look in the case) then yep that's a good one. measure for space around and consider that new one is wider than your current

    if not, you'll need a low profile one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11202-10-20G-Profile-Graphics-Eyefinity/dp/B008H7T7YI


    Thank you very very very much Laviniu Campean for your time and help and i have a tower case so the card i have shown you will fit perfectly thanks bro the low profile card is for the same machine but the cause is small form factor but my case is tower thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

HD Optiplex Graphics Cards Gigabyte Components