Will a 9800 GT bottleneck a FX-8320

MrAcd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Haha it will have to do for now, i already new it wold be like low settings
PLUS im goingto overclock it, it will running on a 720P 15" monitor i think it will run fine at low settings

SnakeGTX

Distinguished
Well, there are no graphics cards out yet that can bottleneck a FX-8320.
So, the answer is yes, that card will keep the 8320 from using its full potential.
The question people usually ask is will my CPU bottleneck my GPU. Thats for people who have single cores and dual cores. Just about every quad core CPUs can handle any graphics cards. And a 8-core CPU could handle any graphics card.

I think you could run it fine on low.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_bclLmu3o

MrAcd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks that's what I was thinking I could okay at low until April, hey ice block didn't you help me with the other 760k vs 4300 forum? Well yeah I went all out and got a 8320, but thanks everybody for answering but how bad does it bottleneck?

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Well like i said the 8320 can't bottleneck any graphics card, therefor means that no graphics card can't, not, bottleneck it. And i think the newest GPUs will always bottleneck the newest CPUs. The CPUs will always be ahead.

So i would say the 9800 GT is bottlenecking it alot. Even a GTX 780 ti (best GPU) would be bottlenecking it.

MrAcd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Wait I'm confused, I understand that no CPU can bottleneck a gpu but a gpu can bottleneck a CPU not letting it preform to its full poteinal, so how would a 780 ti bottleneck it?

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Yeah it is a bit confusing. Yes the 780 ti would bottleneck the FX-8320. The only thing that could start bottlenecking it is like four GTX 780 ti's. Or four GTX titans. Which those are the worlds best graphics cards. So just think of it as any graphics card that you put in your computer, will bottleneck that CPU. There is nothing you can really do about it. But, CPUs aren't suppose to go to 90% usage, as that would make the computer slow. So maybe in the future when this CPU is considered a "old" CPU, then maybe there would be some bottlenecking with normal graphics cards.

But for now, No graphics card will not bottleneck that CPU.

MrAcd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Ohhhh i understand, but yeah like ICECLOCK, see what i did i got it right this time ;), in normal gaming stuff you shouldnt notice a difference as long as its a great card and not a 9800 gt haha, but i see what are you saying so how low of a budget GPU can i go before i notice difference? I will probably go for a 7790 or a 7850 being that Mantle update is coming up, but hey thanks again you guys for the answers =)

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

MrAcd

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

I love the user name having GTX in it then getting a radeon i got a Sapphire 7870 and i must say it is a wonderul card, i cant wait till mantle, on BF4 i get average of 48-60+ maxed at 1080p, then again i am Overclocked at the performance level of a 7950, which btw you can easily do, the 8320 is for my brother's build actually, which im so jealous because im running a A10-5800k Oced to 4.4ghz and i have the 7870 and he has a 8320 and a 9800gt :/ doesnt seem right, sounds like we should trade huh? haha but get the 7870 its amazing especially at that price i got mine for 189$. prices now are amazing well he will get his GPU in April so the prices then should be at its all time low if the cards are still available, probably go for a 7850 for him.

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Hahahah yea. I first made up the name because I liked the game MGS, and the main character is named "snake".
And when i signed up for a game, and it wanted a username, it didn't allow "snake". So I added something that sounded cool. Like "GTX". And now its the name I go by online.

"BTW it is out of stock" :fou: I've been searching for a good deal since October. and I found it, and now it is out of stock. I'm so ticked right now.