Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battlefield bad company 2 lag on Good pc

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 3, 2013 11:27:06 AM

I just bought bfbc2 and im getting horrible fps (30-55) and micro stutter on my pc on LOWEST settings and 1280x720 resolution even though i should be more than capable of playing it at medium settings at 60 fps.
My specs:
Acer Aspire 7750G LAPTOP
Inter Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz with turbo boost up to 3.0GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6850M 1GB VRAM
Resolution 1600 x 900

Edit: It's not an overheating issue (after 5hrs of playing i get 75 celsius max), also cleaned the dust out of my laptop yesterday
2Edit: Updated to latest drivers
December 3, 2013 11:32:53 AM

I would recommend a complete uninstall/shutdown/install/shutdown of the latest GPU drivers and see if that clears up your issue. If your 6850 isn't GDDR3 that should be able to chew through the dated BFBC2 game at nearly any res.
December 3, 2013 11:42:03 AM

magmcbride said:
I would recommend a complete uninstall/shutdown/install/shutdown of the latest GPU drivers and see if that clears up your issue. If your 6850 isn't GDDR3 that should be able to chew through the dated BFBC2 game at nearly any res.


I have updated my GPU drivers
Related resources
December 3, 2013 11:49:01 AM

Mataz23 said:
magmcbride said:
I would recommend a complete uninstall/shutdown/install/shutdown of the latest GPU drivers and see if that clears up your issue. If your 6850 isn't GDDR3 that should be able to chew through the dated BFBC2 game at nearly any res.


I have updated my GPU drivers


When you updated the drivers, did you just install over the existing drivers, or fully uninstall/restart your system before installing the latest drivers? Some issues can carry over if you do not fully remove existing drivers and related software from time to time.

Also, try to turn down/off features like lightning/shadows/SSAO/AA/MSAA and see if that greatly improves your performance. Some game engines implement greedy features that are not optimized well at all.
December 3, 2013 12:10:59 PM

magmcbride said:
Mataz23 said:
magmcbride said:
I would recommend a complete uninstall/shutdown/install/shutdown of the latest GPU drivers and see if that clears up your issue. If your 6850 isn't GDDR3 that should be able to chew through the dated BFBC2 game at nearly any res.


I have updated my GPU drivers


When you updated the drivers, did you just install over the existing drivers, or fully uninstall/restart your system before installing the latest drivers? Some issues can carry over if you do not fully remove existing drivers and related software from time to time.

Also, try to turn down/off features like lightning/shadows/SSAO/AA/MSAA and see if that greatly improves your performance. Some game engines implement greedy features that are not optimized well at all.

I have my settings at absolute lowest, they're so bad i can barely see the ground textures. I installed over my existing drivers.
December 3, 2013 12:21:08 PM

How does the machine perform in other games? League of Legends and Path of Exile are both free to play if you don't have any other games.
December 3, 2013 12:56:39 PM

magmcbride said:
How does the machine perform in other games? League of Legends and Path of Exile are both free to play if you don't have any other games.


League of legends absolutely maxed out 1600x900 80 fps constant, path of exile high 60 fps constant in a dungeon full of mobs
!