Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

low fps using a gtx 650 ti.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 3, 2013 2:42:45 PM

So guys, i recently bought a gtx 650ti to take the place of my old HD 6870 that died,
and i'm having problems with the fps in games like borderlands 2 (28 fps~high quality)
and League of legends (35 fps-medium quality). I've made some researches before buying it
and the fps should be stable(50-70 fps) even in ultra quality in both games.
what may be my problem? some kind of bottleneck?

p.s.- in my old hd 6870 both games were running fine even in ultra.

Computer specs
cpu: AMD phenom x4 9600 2.3ghz
ram: 2x 2gb ddr2 kingston
psu: corsair cx600
gpu: Zotac gtx 650ti 2gb

More about : low fps gtx 650

Best solution

December 3, 2013 2:48:23 PM

Your CPU is probably your bottleneck; it's an old Phenom I. If you can, overclock it some and see if that makes a difference; even a mere 200MHz should be visible.
Share
December 3, 2013 2:49:53 PM

a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 3, 2013 3:06:27 PM

swifty_morgan said:
a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.


yeah, the hd 6870 is slightly better. but the fps in league should be at least 40-50 in ultra.

m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:07:21 PM

Onus said:
Your CPU is probably your bottleneck; it's an old Phenom I. If you can, overclock it some and see if that makes a difference; even a mere 200MHz should be visible.


with which program i can over this old cpu?

m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:08:36 PM

Eduard lima said:
swifty_morgan said:
a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.


yeah, the hd 6870 is slightly better. but the fps in league should be at least 40-50 in ultra.



Yes but how would you explain the CPU bottlenecking the 650Ti and not the HD6870?
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:08:49 PM

should i upgrade to an i5? i was thinking of a i5 4430..
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:10:11 PM

Eduard lima said:
should i upgrade to an i5? i was thinking of a i5 4430..


Would be a great upgrade with compatible motherboard and ram!
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:11:30 PM

rolli59 said:
Eduard lima said:
swifty_morgan said:
a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.


yeah, the hd 6870 is slightly better. but the fps in league should be at least 40-50 in ultra.



Yes but how would you explain the CPU bottlenecking the 650Ti and not the HD6870?


exactly what i was thiking.

m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:12:26 PM

rolli59 said:
Eduard lima said:
should i upgrade to an i5? i was thinking of a i5 4430..


Would be a great upgrade with compatible motherboard and ram!


true, i will go on this cpu with 8gb of ram, i hope it solve my problem.

m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:15:34 PM

Eduard lima said:
rolli59 said:
Eduard lima said:
swifty_morgan said:
a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.


yeah, the hd 6870 is slightly better. but the fps in league should be at least 40-50 in ultra.



Yes but how would you explain the CPU bottlenecking the 650Ti and not the HD6870?


exactly what i was thiking.



again, try disabling physx. it's a killer............... if that option doesn't appear ( nvidia control panel or game control panel ) go to add remove programs and uninstall the physx driver. it will be separate from the graphics driver......... then run those games.
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:18:33 PM

swifty_morgan said:
Eduard lima said:
rolli59 said:
Eduard lima said:
swifty_morgan said:
a 6870 was a faster card from what I can remember................ the nvidia card. try disabling physx. it's a killer............ video card upgrades................ don't go backwards or sideways.................. don't shop price............ which is okay if you buy a better performing card............... tiered up.

misread your cpu .......... pile of junk.


yeah, the hd 6870 is slightly better. but the fps in league should be at least 40-50 in ultra.



Yes but how would you explain the CPU bottlenecking the 650Ti and not the HD6870?


exactly what i was thiking.



again, try disabling physx. it's a killer............... if that option doesn't appear ( nvidia control panel or game control panel ) go to add remove programs and uninstall the physx driver. it will be separate from the graphics driver......... then run it.


ok, thank you. but would desabling it have any impact in league of legends fps? i think it's more for borderlands and others.
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:26:34 PM

never played league.............know nothing about it...............like the guy above said.......... your cpu isn't modern enough or fast enough to keep up. you could put a titan in your pci-e slot............. wouldn't help.

but remember, if you decide to change your processor, you'll also probably need to change the board and the ram.
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 3:27:58 PM

swifty_morgan said:
never played league.............know nothing about it...............like the guy above said.......... your cpu isn't modern enough or fast enough to keep up. you could put a titan in your pci-e slot............. wouldn't help.

but remember, if you decide to change your processor, you'll also probably need to change the board and the ram.


yeah i got it. Thank you for your time.
m
0
l
!