Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will the AMD Fx6350 Bottleneck a Geforce GTX 760 2GB?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 3, 2013 6:24:23 PM

Hello, i'm planning on upgrading my processor and graphics card from a geforce gtx 650 2gb and a AMD fx 4100 to the fx6350 and GTX 760. Will this work? I can't go to intel because i'm on limited spending money and I don't want to have to get a new mobo, and my current mobo has AM3+.

Specs:
AMD Fx4100
8gb kingston hyperx blu RAM
1TB Hard drive
ASROCK 970 Extreme3 Mobo
EVGA Geforce GTX 650 2gb
a b à CPUs
December 3, 2013 6:34:22 PM

Depending on the game and settings, maybe. Chances are that you won't get the most out of it in many situations at least without a CPU overclock, but it'll still be a big improvement from your current system.

What display resolution will you play at?
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 6:35:13 PM

blazorthon said:
Depending on the game and settings, maybe. Chances are that you won't get the most out of it in many situations at least without a CPU overclock, but it'll still be a big improvement from your current system.

What display resolution will you play at?


Most likely at 1440x900, thanks for your response.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 3, 2013 6:39:17 PM

At that resolution, I don't expect you to really be able to use the GTX 760's full performance no matter what settings you use nor what CPU you have in most games, t least not without heavy graphics mods. You'd probably be better off with a much cheaper graphics card because that resolution simply isn't very intensive. Sticking with Nvidia, something like a GTX 650 Ti Boost would be much more suited to 1440x900, and even that may be excessive.

A card like a GTX 760 is more suited for maxing out or at least using very high settings with great performance at 1080p.
Share
December 3, 2013 6:43:08 PM

blazorthon said:
At that resolution, I don't expect you to really be able to use the GTX 760's full performance no matter what settings you use nor what CPU you have in most games, t least not without heavy graphics mods. You'd probably be better off with a much cheaper graphics card because that resolution simply isn't very intensive. Sticking with Nvidia, something like a GTX 650 Ti Boost would be much more suited to 1440x900, and even that may be excessive.

A card like a GTX 760 is more suited for maxing out or at least using very high settings with great performance at 1080p.


Do you recommend any monitors good for this card? I've been looking into upgrading my monitor too anyways.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 3, 2013 6:45:50 PM

I'm not the greatest with choosing which monitor model to buy. I can look around for a few models that seem nice in a given price range, but I might not find the best options.
m
0
l
December 3, 2013 6:47:16 PM

blazorthon said:
I'm not the greatest with choosing which monitor model to buy. I can look around for a few models that seem nice in a given price range, but I might not find the best options.


Alright, i'll research them myself, wouldn't want to waste your time. Thanks for all your help! :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 3, 2013 6:48:44 PM

You're welcome.
m
0
l
!