Help ASAP building new pc what's this cable for??

3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asap building cable
  1. That appears to be an "adapter cable" to take fan power from the mobo to a cooling fan.
  2. So if I am connecting the fans directly to the Psu I can ignore this cable??
  3. Best answer
    The technical term is a molex connector to mini-molex connector for a floppy disk drive (normally). It is also called a berg connector - the smaller connector.

    You do not need the cable at all unless you are using a floppy...which I hope you are not lol. Although some USB expansion bays require that mini molex connector.
Ask a new question

Read More

VIA Galaxy S Cable Components