Solved

Do I need to buy a CPU cooler? CPU reaches 74c playing Far Cry 3 and sounds like a Jet engine!

Hi Guys,

I have an AMD FX 6300 with Stock cooler, when I play Far Cry 3 temps start to fluctuate between 60-65c, then after playing for 1 hour straight I saw 70-72 and 74c readings!!. If I believe AMD 6300 processors can handle a maximum of 62c.

Even playing a streaming video full screen from justin tv raises CPU fan speeds to 3900-4000 RPM and the CPU fan noise starts being annoying, playing far cry the CPU fan sounds like a Jet Engine, fortunately I play with headphones.

What after market cooler do you recommend? one that's silent and potent to cool off this noisy beast. Even the top of my CPU case feels like I could fry some eggs in there while playing Far Cry .. should I also buy an extra case fan to blow more air inside? I only have the Cooler master case fan and the CPU fan.

Here is a photo of my setup,




Thanks!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about buy cpu cooler cpu reaches 74c playing cry sounds jet engine
  1. I would get a cooler just to get rid of the noise! Then on top of that you will be ready to overclock! http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrb10212pg1
  2. yes. the phenom II black does need a custom cooler before they stop sounding like a jet engine.

    i like the full copper zalman coolers. the cm hyper 212 evo is also a favorite around here.
  3. rolli59 said:
    I would get a cooler just to get rid of the noise! Then on top of that you will be ready to overclock! http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrb10212pg1


    What would be the main difference between the 212 EVO and the 212 Plus?
  4. Best answer
    JohnTHDW said:
    rolli59 said:
    I would get a cooler just to get rid of the noise! Then on top of that you will be ready to overclock! http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrb10212pg1


    What would be the main difference between the 212 EVO and the 212 Plus?


    They are almost the same and all tests I have seen have 1-2°C difference in favor of the EVO which is nothing.
  5. rolli59 said:
    JohnTHDW said:
    rolli59 said:
    I would get a cooler just to get rid of the noise! Then on top of that you will be ready to overclock! http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrb10212pg1


    What would be the main difference between the 212 EVO and the 212 Plus?


    They are almost the same and all tests I have seen have 1-2°C difference in favor of the EVO which is nothing.



    Should I buy an extra fan for the case?
  6. Looks like you have space for exhaust fan in the back!
  7. rolli59 said:
    Looks like you have space for exhaust fan in the back!


    What type of fan would be good, cheap and silent. In what position do I need to put the fan, blowing air inside or extracting air?
  8. I have bought few of these 120mm which I think your space is and all of them are quiet http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cougar-case-fan-cfv12h in the back you have it extracting air out, your front fan pushes air in.
Ask a new question

Read More

noise Cooling amd 6300 CPUs AMD Systems