Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$800-$1000 Gaming build focused on graphic intensive games like Metro Last Light etc

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Homebuilt
Last response: in Systems
Share
December 4, 2013 11:15:51 PM

Budget Range: Between $800-$1000

System Usage: Gaming

Parts Required: Basically everything. I'm Starting from scratch.

Overclocking: No I don't feel safe doing that.

SLI or Crossfire: I have no problem if it fits into the budget.

Monitor Resolution: 1600 x 900

Additional Comments: It should be able to run demanding games like Metro Last Light, Skyrim, Black Flag, BF4 etc at high settings at the least [If possible].

Parts I'm looking at:

CPU: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3
RAM: G.Skills RipjawsX DDR3 1 X 8GB
V-Card: Asus AMD Radeon R9 280x
Case: NZXT H2
PSU:Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
Speakers:Creative SBS A235 2.1 Channel Multimedia Speakers
Monitor:D ell E2014H 19.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Hard Drive: WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive

If anybody has any ideas or advice on how I could get the most bang for my buck or maybe another part that is a little cheaper please tell me as well as any difference between the recommended part and the one I have posted.

And I reside in India by the way, so prices here are around 10-30% more than that in US.

Thank you so much for any help any of you can give me!!

More about : 800 1000 gaming build focused graphic intensive games metro light

a b 4 Gaming
December 4, 2013 11:24:44 PM

change the CPU to a FX 8320and get a more reliable mobo like gigabyte 970-UD3, and change PSu something like corsair CX 650/ seasonic S12II 620W. oh and get 2*4GB instead of 1*8GB for dual channel.
m
0
l
a c 466 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
December 4, 2013 11:25:22 PM

That resolution makes the GPU overkill. I would get a gtx760. It will still max everything at your resolution and be cheaper.

Get dual channel RAM.

m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 170 B Homebuilt system
December 4, 2013 11:27:48 PM

It's not a bad build, but it's going to be limited by that monitor.
1080P (1920*1080) is the standard basic resolution for gaming these days, and something like a 280X handles it with ease on the majority of games/settings. At 1600*900, that graphics card is basically a waste of money.

You probably want to get 2*4Gb of ram. It won't make a world of difference, but it triggers dual channel mode. It shouldn't really cost much (if anything) more.

The PSU is very basic. There's not really a reason to buy a PSU these days that isn't at least 80Plus Bronze rated. If you want to stick with Corsair, the CX600 or CX600M would be a good place to look.
Share
December 5, 2013 12:22:56 AM

tiny voices said:
That resolution makes the GPU overkill. I would get a gtx760. It will still max everything at your resolution and be cheaper.

Get dual channel RAM.



How about the R9 270x?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 170 B Homebuilt system
December 5, 2013 12:25:55 AM

Canbuildnow said:

How about the R9 270x?


Depends on the price. It's faster than a HD7870, but it's based on the same chip so it's really not worth much more. In a lot of places, it's pricing doesn't make sense relative to it's performance, as it costs significantly more than the HD7870 without having the power to back it up.
m
0
l
December 5, 2013 12:43:24 AM

Rammy said:
Canbuildnow said:

How about the R9 270x?


Depends on the price. It's faster than a HD7870, but it's based on the same chip so it's really not worth much more. In a lot of places, it's pricing doesn't make sense relative to it's performance, as it costs significantly more than the HD7870 without having the power to back it up.


What if I happen to use the 280x on a 1920 x 1080 display with an FX 8320[Thanks thasan1]? Would it get bottlenecked by the other hardware? Will the PSU meet the power requirements [Seasonic S12II 620W]?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 5, 2013 12:45:57 AM

I have this build atm for you to look at with the resolution you wanted. It went a bit over when I added the SSD as I think its worth having. If you wanted the 280x you would have to take out the SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT H2 Classic Silent (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($83.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.49 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell E2014H 19.5" Monitor ($109.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1061.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-05 03:44 EST-0500)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 170 B Homebuilt system
December 5, 2013 12:48:20 AM

Canbuildnow said:


What if I happen to use the 280x on a 1920 x 1080 display with an FX 8320[Thanks thasan1]? Would it get bottlenecked by the other hardware? Will the PSU meet the power requirements [Seasonic S12II 620W]?


Yeah for 1920*1080 the 280X makes a lot more sense, and the FX8320 is a great value CPU. No harm whatsoever in going for that combo. The PSU is more than sufficient.
m
0
l
December 5, 2013 1:08:46 AM

Rammy said:
Canbuildnow said:


What if I happen to use the 280x on a 1920 x 1080 display with an FX 8320[Thanks thasan1]? Would it get bottlenecked by the other hardware? Will the PSU meet the power requirements [Seasonic S12II 620W]?


Yeah for 1920*1080 the 280X makes a lot more sense, and the FX8320 is a great value CPU. No harm whatsoever in going for that combo. The PSU is more than sufficient.

Thanks.Just one last doubt.Will the NZXT H2 be able to accommodate all the parts and will there be any issues like overheating?
m
0
l
December 5, 2013 1:11:27 AM

sportfreak23 said:
I have this build atm for you to look at with the resolution you wanted. It went a bit over when I added the SSD as I think its worth having. If you wanted the 280x you would have to take out the SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT H2 Classic Silent (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($83.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.49 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell E2014H 19.5" Monitor ($109.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1061.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-05 03:44 EST-0500)


Thanks....but would prefer to go with the R9 280x since there's like around $20-$30 difference between the 270x and 280x out here in india.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 5, 2013 1:25:00 AM

Canbuildnow said:
sportfreak23 said:
I have this build atm for you to look at with the resolution you wanted. It went a bit over when I added the SSD as I think its worth having. If you wanted the 280x you would have to take out the SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($114.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT H2 Classic Silent (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($83.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.49 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell E2014H 19.5" Monitor ($109.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1061.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-05 03:44 EST-0500)


Thanks....but would prefer to go with the R9 280x since there's like around $20-$30 difference between the 270x and 280x out here in india.


O well if thats the case go for it. Was just putting it together base on your resolution before, but if your going 1080p the 280x is a very nice card.
m
0
l
!