New OS Install now not finding drivers automatically??
I have recently re-installed Win 7 (Enterprise) but now when i connect any usb devices it can no longer automatically update the drivers. This is for simple things like cameras or phones?
Hmmm, not sure. Have you given these steps a shot? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753091.aspx
bjaminnyc said:Hmmm, not sure. Have you given these steps a shot? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753091.aspx
Thanks bjaminnyc, i will check this out later today.
Have you done all of the service pack updates for windows 7? Also try.
1. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator
2. If connected, disconnect your (device) from the PC
3. Open your command prompt, click Start select Run
4. Type cmd then press Enter
5. Type the following after the prompt: Net localgroup Administrators local service /add then press Enter
NOTE: A "The command completed successfully" message should appear.
6. Close the command prompt and reconnect (device).