Solved

CPU at 100% when playing Call of Duty:Ghosts

Today I just downloaded Call of duty: Ghosts and its an awesome game! The thing is that whenever I play it lags a little bit sometimes. I noticed that it was the CPU that sometimes it will peak at 100%. I want to know if its because my CPU its not powerful enough and I just should get another one or if its maybe just a configuration thing that I need to do?

Intel core i5 4670 3.4GHZ
8GB Kingston Hyper X ram
Nvidia GTX 760
Cooler Master 750W 80 Plus Bronze power supply
Gigabyte H87-D3H motherboard
Windows 7 Professional
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu 100 playing call duty ghosts
  1. Is your CPU cooler good enough? Is the CPU overheating?
  2. Best answer
    Your CPU is more than powerful enough to run CoD:Ghost. I run max setting BF4 with my i5-4670k. You should check the temperature of your CPU while that event happens.
  3. RevolutionHD said:
    Is your CPU cooler good enough? Is the CPU overheating?


    Everything is below 50 C. The CPU got like max to 50 C. The GPU like 70-80 C. The cooler I use is a Cooler Master Hyper T4.
  4. HeyyScott said:
    Your CPU is more than powerful enough to run CoD:Ghost. I run max setting BF4 with my i5-4670k. You should check the temperature of your CPU while that event happens.


    The hottest I saw my CPU get when playing COD: Ghosts was like 50 C. The weird thing is that it only happens in COD: Ghosts and I already played BF4 on Ultra settings and it worked perfectly. I have speed fan and I don't know what Temp3 is but when I play BF4 or COD: Ghosts that thing gets up to 51C. The Core0 gets only up to like 46 C.
  5. Run the TASK MANAGER (Ctrl-Alt-Del).
    Then go to "performance" then set it to show all cores (4) and leave it running. Also set update speed to Low.

    (Windows 7 and 8 are different on how TM works. I think you click "View" for the update speed, and in W8 you right-click the CPU history graph and change to "show logical processors" but it's there for W7 somewhere.)

    Play the game for a while, until you stutter, then close or Alt-Tab the game and observe EACH CORE's history and report what it shows.

    I would normally expect no core to be above 70% usage.
  6. photonboy said:
    Run the TASK MANAGER (Ctrl-Alt-Del).
    Then go to "performance" then set it to show all cores (4) and leave it running. Also set update speed to Low.

    (Windows 7 and 8 are different on how TM works. I think you click "View" for the update speed, and in W8 you right-click the CPU history graph and change to "show logical processors" but it's there for W7 somewhere.)

    Play the game for a while, until you stutter, then close or Alt-Tab the game and observe EACH CORE's history and report what it shows.

    I would normally expect no core to be above 70% usage.


    Well what I see work the hardest is the 4th core.http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/JoseManuel69/media/Capture2_zpsd0180e1d.png.html?sort=3&o=0

    and what happens if a core is working more than 70%?
Ask a new question

Read More

Call of Duty CPUs