$300 graphics card choice

Rustywasp

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I know that many of you might not know about or have much experience with bitcoins or litecoins but I want a upgrade for my pc but I also want to really get into litecoins. These coins use gpu mining to get the coin (look up more on gpu mining if you don't know). Currently with a GTX 560 ti I get around 135 Kh/s but with a amd card I can get 300+ for relatively cheap. So if I were to get a 7870 around 300-475 Kh/s according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison. Which would then get me for Kh/s:
0.14 LTC / Day $4.23

0.95 LTC/ Week $28.69

4.08 LTC / Month $123.20

49.64 LTC / Year $1479.65

What would be the best option? Should I wait for the gaming pc upgrade or should I go with the litecoin. Sorry for that mouth-full of information, I get really frustrated deciding these type of things.

Solution
the 7950 is one of the best bang for the buck high end cards you can get. it's about equal to a GTX 760 for gaming, overclocks really well and really rocks gpu based mining... it's been the "ideal" mining card for the better part of 2 years now due to the relatively low price and extremely high compute performance.

Rustywasp

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I heard that the 7950 was good but is it worth it for mining and gaming? By the way I have the most amazing cpu ever, and it is... intel duo core e6850... *ahem*

the 7950 is one of the best bang for the buck high end cards you can get. it's about equal to a GTX 760 for gaming, overclocks really well and really rocks gpu based mining... it's been the "ideal" mining card for the better part of 2 years now due to the relatively low price and extremely high compute performance.

Solution