Why isn't my 7950 selling?

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I know this isn't really common on the forums but this IS NOT ADVERTISEMENT.

I have my 7950 on ebay and i haven't gotten much real interest. I am wondering if you guys think my ad is bad or i'm not providing good information. It has about 450 views, i've gotten 3 offers (from $200-300) and it has 3 watchers. SHould i add something or what? it's been up almost 3 days

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT. CARD HAS BEEN SOLD

Solution
Ebay is a tough place to sell and having been selling there for 15 tears or more I can tell you that you do need patience. Your card will sell but if you listed it with the expectations of a quick sale then you may be disappointed. I can tell you from experience that it takes the right person to see you action and it will sell but there's no way to tell when that person will see it.

Some things that are working against you and again this is from experience so just consider what I say. You only have 2 feedbacks so a lot of people will be skeptical and not willing to buy from a 2 feedback person.
In your description get rid of the negative comment about non payers and stick to the description of the card. Don't focus on the Bitcoin...

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

the 7950's are selling for around 350-400 right now due to litecoin mining

ifreestylin

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

doesn't matter, why would i choose a 7950 over an 280X?

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

because they are better for litecoin mining. that is what the market is at for them right now. Just look on ebay...

For $300 people can get a brand new 280x, which is faster than any 7950. There are also people who put up the HD 7970 for a lower price.

And in the description it might not be wise to boast about bitcoin mining. Just say it's very good at bitcoin mining and that's about enough.
Battlefield 3 is not a very new title and 70fps is quite underwhelming for a 7950. Maybe state the highest stable overclock you could achieve, because it overclocks very well. My Sapphire 7950 is running at 1050MHz, up form the original 850MHz. At that point it's practically as good as a 7970.

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

no it is not. they are worth much more right now. i'm not just making this up guys

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

well it is not letting me revise the description for some reason when/if i repost i will take this into consideration. Also i have not really OC this card as i am not much of an overclocker, and I've only had it for like a month. thanks

well everyone here is telling you its not worth that, all people who own similar cards. they are not worth more, can be bought new cheaper.

sammyssb

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

from everything i have rad on reddit which is multiple posts, people are selling thse for 350-400 because the 7950 specifically is good for litecoin mining and litecoins are rising in value. it's evident if you look on ebay. i was asking more about the rest of the ad not just the price. I definately know what you mean and i'm not trying to be a jerk, i just feel like i know a bit better... that sounds bad i know. If it doesn't sell then ill repost at a lower price.

Ebay is a tough place to sell and having been selling there for 15 tears or more I can tell you that you do need patience. Your card will sell but if you listed it with the expectations of a quick sale then you may be disappointed. I can tell you from experience that it takes the right person to see you action and it will sell but there's no way to tell when that person will see it.

Some things that are working against you and again this is from experience so just consider what I say. You only have 2 feedbacks so a lot of people will be skeptical and not willing to buy from a 2 feedback person.
In your description get rid of the negative comment about non payers and stick to the description of the card. Don't focus on the Bitcoin people as there might not be that many looking for a card, there are a lot more gamers out there.

Even though you just bought the card it is still a used card and you might not get what you paid for it and you may have to take less and that all will depend on how long your willing to wait for it to sell.

I have sold many video cards on ebay and what I do is use a card for a year and then sell it or them (mostly two) and get about half of what I paid which goes towards the new cards. I realize that yours is only a month old but buyers are still looking at a used card and the closer to the new price the harder it will be to sell.

If your willing to be patient you can get close to what you want , if you need to sell quickly then you may have to drop the price a bit. You can never predict what will take place on ebay and I usually list it and leave it till it sells but that's me and my situation.

Solution

hawk7389

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

If it was worth that much, it would sell for that much. If you can't sell it then obviously you are wrong about your perceived value. You can buy better cards, brand new for less than you are asking for a used card.