Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I need help with picking out parts for my first build 1600$

Tags:
  • First PC
  • 1600$
  • Transition
  • Consoles
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
December 7, 2013 11:03:05 AM

Hi, I need some help with a pc build. This is going to be my first ever PC and it's going to be a transition from console to PC :) 
I've been playing on console my entire life but I feel like the PS4 is going to die out in just a couple of years.

Anyways my budget is 1600$, I live in sweden and pc parts here do cost a bit more but it's ok. 1600$ in SEK is 10.000 SEK
Here's what I've come up with so far; THIS <- This is the preferred site. :) 
Do I need to change anything or maybe rethink my entire build?
Thanks for the help! :) 

More about : picking parts build 1600

December 7, 2013 11:09:29 AM

I was gonna say get an SSD but, your budget seems to hit the mark. See if you can get a 1866mhz ram as AMD FX's supports up to that speed. Otherwise looks good if thats all you need for your budget.
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 11:18:12 AM

I haven't have time to talk too much since is exam period in university.
But I want to point out that, in current status, and based on you are willing to pay a large cash in GPU. There is not much reason to buy a AMD CPU.
AMD APU is good only if is in no GPU condition.
You should try Intel. You also should know A-Data RAM is not a good option because the chip inside is depending what date they make... ALso the same to G.Skill RAM, you can base the SN to check what chip they use, but kind of differcult online purchase.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 7, 2013 11:34:50 AM

What do you think about this build? Costs a few hundred more but I think it's worth it. What do you think?
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 12:31:56 PM

I can't use your website properly so I'm just gonna pick parts from PC picker and you can tell us if its overbudget where you live. I kept far away from the $1600 mark so you can confirm it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gAXh
^
Here's your amd build, I picked different monitor as I think this one would be much better. Changed the RAM speed. And picked a different motherboard. Otherwise not much changed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gBi9

^ your build has a b85, should be using a z87 motherboard or h87 if your not intending to overclocked with a 4670.

Edit: forgot to add in monitor.
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 1:00:23 PM

sportfreak23 said:
I can't use your website properly so I'm just gonna pick parts from PC picker and you can tell us if its overbudget where you live. I kept far away from the $1600 mark so you can confirm it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gAXh
^
Here's your amd build, I picked different monitor as I think this one would be much better. Changed the RAM speed. And picked a different motherboard. Otherwise not much changed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gBi9

^ your build has a b85, should be using a z87 motherboard or h87 if your not intending to overclocked with a 4670.

Edit: forgot to add in monitor.


Do you think I should go with intel or amd? I'm kind of on edge iwth the diffirent performances in diffirent areas. I think it would be good to have more cores because newer games will take use of more cores whilst the i5 is better in other certain ways. Help? :) 
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 1:15:53 PM

To be honest I can't be asked to start a AMD vs Intel or 8320 vs 4670k debate in alot of threads :p  So I'll make the decision up to you or let someone else speak on it as time will tell.

Do those 2 builds fit into your budget? If you have more room, we can bump up the GPU or add and SSD or something.
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 1:19:24 PM

sportfreak23 said:
I can't use your website properly so I'm just gonna pick parts from PC picker and you can tell us if its overbudget where you live. I kept far away from the $1600 mark so you can confirm it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gAXh
^
Here's your amd build, I picked different monitor as I think this one would be much better. Changed the RAM speed. And picked a different motherboard. Otherwise not much changed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gBi9

^ your build has a b85, should be using a z87 motherboard or h87 if your not intending to overclocked with a 4670.

Edit: forgot to add in monitor.


I think I'm gonna go with intel, though with everything in the build it's about 13k instead of 10 and I'm really on a budget here :/ 
What's annoying about sweden is that we have so much "moms", extra fees, we need to pay because of our tax solution. We pay like insane taxes but we do get free healthcare etc. Either way it's at 13k http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4233489/13k and I'm granted the 10k for the build so nothing over 10,500 SEK or I'm getting my ass kicked lol (jk) What's cool is INET (The site I'm going to get the parts from) is that if I include a asus videocard or motherboard I will get free assembly of my pc. So that's why I'm going with asus 280x and not like gigabytes version that is a bit cheaper.

{UPDATE} I do not need a keyboard in the build anymore just got a call from my uncle and he said he'd hook me up with a Razer Deathstalker, which is awsome because I'm not a mechanical keyboard kind of guy :)  I prefer tactical
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 1:31:08 PM

Ummm in the link you pasted, i think you put x3 ram sticks since its like 2100 o.o thats why your wayyyyy over budget :p 

edit: Since you said you get free installation with ASUS. I notice in your very first build, you picked a micro ATX board.

http://www.inet.se/produkt/1902487/asus-z87m-plus-matx

<-----try this one, its cheaper then gigabyte and still loaded with features, just in a bit smaller package.

http://www.inet.se/produkt/1902484/asus-z87-a-atx

^ if you want the full size ATX board then this one is the same price I think as the others according to the site. but less features then the micro one.

m
0
l
December 7, 2013 6:13:55 PM

Deadran said:
sportfreak23 said:
I can't use your website properly so I'm just gonna pick parts from PC picker and you can tell us if its overbudget where you live. I kept far away from the $1600 mark so you can confirm it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gAXh
^
Here's your amd build, I picked different monitor as I think this one would be much better. Changed the RAM speed. And picked a different motherboard. Otherwise not much changed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gBi9

^ your build has a b85, should be using a z87 motherboard or h87 if your not intending to overclocked with a 4670.

Edit: forgot to add in monitor.


I think I'm gonna go with intel, though with everything in the build it's about 13k instead of 10 and I'm really on a budget here :/ 
What's annoying about sweden is that we have so much "moms", extra fees, we need to pay because of our tax solution. We pay like insane taxes but we do get free healthcare etc. Either way it's at 13k http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4233489/13k and I'm granted the 10k for the build so nothing over 10,500 SEK or I'm getting my ass kicked lol (jk) What's cool is INET (The site I'm going to get the parts from) is that if I include a asus videocard or motherboard I will get free assembly of my pc. So that's why I'm going with asus 280x and not like gigabytes version that is a bit cheaper.

{UPDATE} I do not need a keyboard in the build anymore just got a call from my uncle and he said he'd hook me up with a Razer Deathstalker, which is awsome because I'm not a mechanical keyboard kind of guy :)  I prefer tactical


Is is easy to get E3-1230 V3 in your country? what is the price. Do you really need that kind of video card? You could go down a little bit to get a SSD. SSD and Windows 8 is prefffffect!!!

and, is that possible not to using that video card?
the cooling system of that card have some problem. Bare GPU chip + heat pipe direct touch = useless cooling. AND that card is big, so your CPU cooling/ RAM / Extend anything may limited by that card.

3. Power Supply. Cosair is good brand in supply, but CX series, ignore it. try ANTEC ECO520. It will be good enough for 280X+4670k
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 6:41:52 PM

qingmui said:
Deadran said:
sportfreak23 said:
I can't use your website properly so I'm just gonna pick parts from PC picker and you can tell us if its overbudget where you live. I kept far away from the $1600 mark so you can confirm it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gAXh
^
Here's your amd build, I picked different monitor as I think this one would be much better. Changed the RAM speed. And picked a different motherboard. Otherwise not much changed.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gBi9

^ your build has a b85, should be using a z87 motherboard or h87 if your not intending to overclocked with a 4670.

Edit: forgot to add in monitor.


I think I'm gonna go with intel, though with everything in the build it's about 13k instead of 10 and I'm really on a budget here :/ 
What's annoying about sweden is that we have so much "moms", extra fees, we need to pay because of our tax solution. We pay like insane taxes but we do get free healthcare etc. Either way it's at 13k http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4233489/13k and I'm granted the 10k for the build so nothing over 10,500 SEK or I'm getting my ass kicked lol (jk) What's cool is INET (The site I'm going to get the parts from) is that if I include a asus videocard or motherboard I will get free assembly of my pc. So that's why I'm going with asus 280x and not like gigabytes version that is a bit cheaper.

{UPDATE} I do not need a keyboard in the build anymore just got a call from my uncle and he said he'd hook me up with a Razer Deathstalker, which is awsome because I'm not a mechanical keyboard kind of guy :)  I prefer tactical


Is is easy to get E3-1230 V3 in your country? what is the price. Do you really need that kind of video card? You could go down a little bit to get a SSD. SSD and Windows 8 is prefffffect!!!

and, is that possible not to using that video card?
the cooling system of that card have some problem. Bare GPU chip + heat pipe direct touch = useless cooling. AND that card is big, so your CPU cooling/ RAM / Extend anything may limited by that card.

3. Power Supply. Cosair is good brand in supply, but CX series, ignore it. try ANTEC ECO520. It will be good enough for 280X+4670k


I've been thinking about getting the MSI 770 Twinfrozr, is it better than the 280x? Because on Inet they are the exact same price!
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 6:47:17 PM

1. If he buys an 120gb SSD he can buy GPU's like the 760 or 270x.

2. There's nothing wrong with the ASUS cooler. o.o Only different I know is that this one doesn't have a blackplate like the gtx 780 one. This is the smallest of the 3 ASUS 280x cards I believe. Should be fine, he's even using LP ram. Unless you have a smaller GPU to recommend to him?

3. There's no Antec model of that on his site, only a 750w one. Plus you need 600w for a 280x

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
m
0
l
December 7, 2013 6:49:02 PM

Deadran said:

I've been thinking about getting the MSI 770 Twinfrozr, is it better than the 280x? Because on Inet they are the exact same price!


The 770 and 280x are roughly the same, only difference is 3GB vs 2GB vram, you can get a 4gb gtx 770, but its not really worth it. For now playing with 2GB on 1080p is still fine, if you use a higherresolution later on future games you may run into some trouble.
m
0
l
December 8, 2013 6:22:05 AM

sportfreak23 said:
Deadran said:

I've been thinking about getting the MSI 770 Twinfrozr, is it better than the 280x? Because on Inet they are the exact same price!


The 770 and 280x are roughly the same, only difference is 3GB vs 2GB vram, you can get a 4gb gtx 770, but its not really worth it. For now playing with 2GB on 1080p is still fine, if you use a higherresolution later on future games you may run into some trouble.


I've got something on my mind, I really want the 280x but my build is over budget, how can I get this closer to 9k than 11 with a good monitor and the 280x still in the build? http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4235235/battre
m
0
l
!