R9 290 monitor suggestions

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hello everyone,so i have finally, for the most part, built my gaming rig.Here is what it consist of so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2hkdV (rate please)

Keyboard and mouse will change but won't be of the gaming variety.Waiting(and tired of it)for the non reference r9 290's to release later this month or at my luck next year.

My problem is the monitor.I don't really want a 120 hz monitor,it is really expensive.I thought i would get one for cheap(220) during the sales but that never happened.I would really love one but not for more than 200 bucks,which is crazy.

I want to get a cheap 1080p 60hz monitor(100 bucks) but have noticed a few comments saying how noticeable tearing and other problems will be. I'm buying the card for longevity not to push out 100 plus fps every game;but to maintain 60 fps over the next few years. Will i be ok for the most part with 60hz? Maybe 75 if i can find one.

Thanks

Solution
G
Asus VS247H-P
23.6", 1080p, HDMI port, 2ms response time, 75hz
Typically runs around $130 (or you may find the VS248H-P cheaper which is basically the same monitor but sometimes dips below the 247H-P).

I use that with my Sapphire HD 7950 boost OC and I love it.
Only cons is that the monitor stand is a bit flimsy, and the display comes yellowish out of the box but you can easily adjust the appearance options.
G

Asus VS247H-P
23.6", 1080p, HDMI port, 2ms response time, 75hz
Typically runs around $130 (or you may find the VS248H-P cheaper which is basically the same monitor but sometimes dips below the 247H-P).

I use that with my Sapphire HD 7950 boost OC and I love it.
Only cons is that the monitor stand is a bit flimsy, and the display comes yellowish out of the box but you can easily adjust the appearance options.

Solution