Solved

Looking For A Affordable Graphics Card For My Mini PC

Price Range - 90-150$



http://
http://

Below will be my specs for my PC

I'm looking for something that can run let's say atleast battlefield 3/4 at medium to high settings at averaging 60FPS. If anyone could help me out that would be a Christmas miracle..

Thanks again!

PS. I would prefer a Nvidia.


ACER AS{IRE | X "AXC600-EB19

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
Acer Aspire XC600 (SOCKET 0)

Graphics
P206HV (1600x900@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-22RKKA0 (SATA)

Optical Drives
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-220RS

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about affordable graphics card mini
  1. The 650ti/650ti boost would be your best bet at that budget.
  2. Anonymous said:
    The 650ti/650ti boost would be your best bet at that budget.


    I think I could not fit one of those bad boys inside of this tower build size.
  3. While I see you prefer nVidia, if you can wait for AMD mantle benches that could sway the tables towards AMD big time. Otherwise the 650ti boost is the best for now.

    EDIT: Nevermind, size. Might this fit? Best performance/size!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161433
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103236
    Otherwise this, I guess. Lower performance.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500309
  4. you're looking at a 650ti or an r7 260x
  5. icraft said:
    While I see you prefer nVidia, if you can wait for AMD mantle benches that could sway the tables towards AMD big time. Otherwise the 650ti boost is the best for now.



    I do prefer nvidia, but if there is other options out side of Nvidia then that will do. Just looking to upgrade to make this mini PC a "Mini Little Beast" if you wanna link some that would be cool.
  6. Updated my other post while this was all happening.
  7. The GTX 650 Ti isn't a low profile card. Unfortunately for the OP, the only thing that will physically fit in your case is a low profile card, and the best low profile card available is the HD 7750. To make matters worse, your PC only has a 250W power supply. 250W is really pushing it for an HD 7750. Fortunately, the HD 7750 is relatively inexpensive and the money you save purchasing one can go towards a new PSU. Here's the HD 7750 which you will have to wait to be restocked, or you can try to find it elsewhere:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

    I'll update this post or add another once I find a sufficient power supply.
  8. I am liking the 650ti and the r7 260x, now question is do you guys know if either of those would fit in the Case? I will take a picture so it's easier to work with.
  9. Deus Gladiorum said:
    The GTX 650 Ti isn't a low profile card. Unfortunately for the OP, the only thing that will physically fit in your case is a low profile card, and the best low profile card available is the HD 7750. To make matters worse, your PC only has a 250W power supply. 250W is really pushing it for an HD 7750. Fortunately, the HD 7750 is relatively inexpensive and the money you save purchasing one can go towards a new PSU. Here's the HD 7750 which you will have to wait to be restocked, or you can try to find it elsewhere:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

    I'll update this post or add another once I find a sufficient power supply.



    do you think that little guy Low Profile Card can run Shaders on minecraft or lets say play Battlefield 4 at atleast 60FPS?
  10. Updated the First post with a image of the inside of my Case!
  11. Best answer
    Soarnox said:
    I am liking the 650ti and the r7 260x, now question is do you guys know if either of those would fit in the Case? I will take a picture so it's easier to work with.


    Soarnox said:
    Deus Gladiorum said:
    The GTX 650 Ti isn't a low profile card. Unfortunately for the OP, the only thing that will physically fit in your case is a low profile card, and the best low profile card available is the HD 7750. To make matters worse, your PC only has a 250W power supply. 250W is really pushing it for an HD 7750. Fortunately, the HD 7750 is relatively inexpensive and the money you save purchasing one can go towards a new PSU. Here's the HD 7750 which you will have to wait to be restocked, or you can try to find it elsewhere:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

    I'll update this post or add another once I find a sufficient power supply.



    do you think that little guy Low Profile Card can run Shaders on minecraft or lets say play Battlefield 4 at atleast 60FPS?



    Yes, it'll run minecraft quite well. Even with shaders, you'll probably hit 60 fps. As for playing Battlefield 4, it depends on your settings and the resolution you want to play at. If you're attempting to play at 1920x1080, forget about it. I don't think an HD 7750 could handle Battlefield 3 on the medium settings at 1920x1080 at more than 30 fps if you were lucky, let alone Battlefield 4. However, if you're trying for a resolution like 1366x768 then you should be able to hit that 60 fps mark at low or even medium settings.

    Unfortunately, you don't have much of a choice except to go low profile. Speaking of which, you actually may not need a PSU upgrade with a low-profile HD 7750, since I believe it'll draw less power than a full sized will. Just set aside some money in case you need a PSU upgrade in case you start experiencing random shutdowns or BSODs with the HD 7750.
  12. Soarnox said:
    I am liking the 650ti and the r7 260x, now question is do you guys know if either of those would fit in the Case? I will take a picture so it's easier to work with.


    Soarnox said:
    Deus Gladiorum said:
    The GTX 650 Ti isn't a low profile card. Unfortunately for the OP, the only thing that will physically fit in your case is a low profile card, and the best low profile card available is the HD 7750. To make matters worse, your PC only has a 250W power supply. 250W is really pushing it for an HD 7750. Fortunately, the HD 7750 is relatively inexpensive and the money you save purchasing one can go towards a new PSU. Here's the HD 7750 which you will have to wait to be restocked, or you can try to find it elsewhere:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

    I'll update this post or add another once I find a sufficient power supply.



    do you think that little guy Low Profile Card can run Shaders on minecraft or lets say play Battlefield 4 at atleast 60FPS?




    Thanks so much for your help! you just made my night 100% better! thanks again!

    so HD 7750 it is then :)
  13. Soarnox said:
    Thanks so much for your help! you just made my night 100% better! thanks again!

    so HD 7750 it is then :)


    No problem. Again, just make sure it's specifically designated as a low-profile HD 7750 like the one I linked you to.
  14. Deus Gladiorum said:
    Soarnox said:
    Thanks so much for your help! you just made my night 100% better! thanks again!

    so HD 7750 it is then :)


    No problem. Again, just make sure it's specifically designated as a low-profile HD 7750 like the one I linked you to.



    I'm for sure gunna buy it on Newegg, so I should be good, THANKS AGAIN!
  15. Deus Gladiorum said:
    Yes, it'll run minecraft quite well. Even with shaders, you'll probably hit 60 fps.

    No, he will not. At 1280x1024 my HD 7770 overclocked to 1200/1247 only pushed 40 fps. At stock it was more like 27. With a light shaderpack and a smaller resolution you might be able to hit 60, but not within any realm of high resolution.
  16. icraft said:
    Deus Gladiorum said:
    Yes, it'll run minecraft quite well. Even with shaders, you'll probably hit 60 fps.

    No, he will not. At 1280x1024 my HD 7770 overclocked to 1200/1247 only pushed 40 fps. At stock it was more like 27. With a light shaderpack and a smaller resolution you might be able to hit 60, but not within any realm of high resolution.


    Can someone explain to me how you go about adjusting the resolution on minecraft? It's a mystery to me.
  17. Just click and drag the window to preference AFAIK. I don't think there is a setting for it.

    However, I ran a test and have results. (Ignore the funny looking nonshaders, newest SEUS deletes the default lighting engine.)

    Fullscreen/Shaders

    Fullscreen/Nonshaders

    Default/Shaders

    Default/Nonshaders


    All with a HD 7770@ 1050/1247
    Cape Verde is very bandwidth limited, so if you get the card and have a powerful enough PSU definitely overclock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer PC gaming Graphics Graphics Cards Nvidia