Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to remove graphic heat sink..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 9, 2013 4:59:36 AM

i cant remove my SAPPHIRE HD 5450 1GB DDR3 heatsink,i need help fast cuz i want to place the thermal paste on it.please guide me...
December 9, 2013 5:02:08 AM

Why do you want to replace the thermal paste?
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:06:23 AM

benjii said:
Why do you want to replace the thermal paste?


not replace.this is first time applying thermal paste to it
m
0
l
Related resources
December 9, 2013 5:08:51 AM

Anyway, you can remove the heatsink removing some screws... Changing the thermal paste won't give you any real advantages on that card...
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:09:31 AM

They come with thermal paste already applied.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:14:08 AM

hypergon said:
Anyway, you can remove the heatsink removing some screws... Changing the thermal paste won't give you any real advantages on that card...


it doest have screw dude.just have 2 button at the heat sink.i press it and tried to pull it out but still cannot
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:15:01 AM

Removing heatisink is very easy. You just need to remove 2 or 4 screws that have springs attatched to them. After unscrewing just take out the heatsink and apply whatever you like. While tightning the screws, tighten every screw one circle at a time for even spread of thermal paste.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:16:17 AM

benjii said:
They come with thermal paste already applied.


huh???it come with thermal paste already...but how often to change it
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:17:44 AM

Presler said:
Removing heatisink is very easy. You just need to remove 2 or 4 screws that have springs attatched to them. After unscrewing just take out the heatsink and apply whatever you like. While tightning the screws, tighten every screw one circle at a time for even spread of thermal paste.


unscrew them not press????i very stupid
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:18:47 AM

hypergon said:
Anyway, you can remove the heatsink removing some screws... Changing the thermal paste won't give you any real advantages on that card...


hmmmm...it always overheat
m
0
l

Best solution

December 9, 2013 5:19:10 AM

Arashflash44 said:
benjii said:
They come with thermal paste already applied.


huh???it come with thermal paste already...but how often to change it


All graphics cards come with thermal paste already applied. For a card like that, there's no need to change it at all. In saying that though, after 2 or 3 years you might see slightly better performance if its replaced.

If it's overheating, have you checked that there's good airflow and that it's dust free?
Share
December 9, 2013 5:19:12 AM

Never had to replace thermal compound.. After some years probably
Sounds like you just bought that card?
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 5:24:25 AM

benjii said:
Arashflash44 said:
benjii said:
They come with thermal paste already applied.


huh???it come with thermal paste already...but how often to change it


All graphics cards come with thermal paste already applied. For a card like that, there's no need to change it at all. In saying that though, after 2 or 3 years you might see slightly better performance if its replaced.

If it's overheating, have you checked that there's good airflow and that it's dust free?


dust cause overheating...i think dust is normal.i will clean it thx for the answer

m
0
l
!