Will a 630 watt power supply be sufficient for a i5 3570k and a gtx 780 Overclocked?

THEINTUNITY

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
So, I'm planning to do a graphics upgrade, and I'm going to buy the gtx 780 soon. But now the question of course is, will my 630 watt be enough to power my components while having a overclocked cpu and gpu?

i5 3570k overclocked to 4.7 ghz @ 1.37 volt
Asus GTX 780 3 GB OC
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
Antec Kühler H²0 620
Be Quiet! Pure Power 630 watt (80 plus bronze)
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8 Gb
Ocz vertex 120 gb ssd
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 RPM

Power Calculators say It will be enough, but I don't really trust these calculators tbh, I have no extra fans running in my case except one that is placed on the radiator.

Thank you!

(Just a side question, not something you HAVE to answer: I'm still struggling with which graphics card model to buy, I think I'm going with the Asus one, but, the windforce 3x and the msi cards seem good too, which one should I choose? (I'm not going for a evga card, they are a bit expensive) )

Solution
Plug the parts into pcpartpicker.com and it will give you an estimated power requirement. I honestly don't know how accurate it is, but from what I can tell it seems pretty reasonable.

Also I think the GPU manufacturer gives a recommended power supply rating for the card being used. It's been a while but I remember something like that when you buy a new card.

Also you are overclocking which will require additional power so add 10-20% on top of that to be safe.

Kurdain1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Plug the parts into pcpartpicker.com and it will give you an estimated power requirement. I honestly don't know how accurate it is, but from what I can tell it seems pretty reasonable.

Also I think the GPU manufacturer gives a recommended power supply rating for the card being used. It's been a while but I remember something like that when you buy a new card.

Also you are overclocking which will require additional power so add 10-20% on top of that to be safe.

Solution

THEINTUNITY

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

Thank you for all your information kurdan, cookybiscuit and deadmau5..I'll look at pcpartpicker's recommendation and I might be going for the msi card.