Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Help for My 1st Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 9, 2013 12:53:34 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Before Christmas

Budget Range: $2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (mainly Battlefield), surfing the web, minimal schoolwork

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MOBO: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CASE: Corsair Obsidan 750D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

HHD: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1J2...
WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Do you need to buy OS: Yes Windows 7 Professional

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NCIX.us

Location: Nazareth, PA USA

Parts Preferences: Nvidia, Intel, Corsair

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: SLI yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Windowed case
Why I'm Upgrading: I finally made the decision to build a gaming PC. I just need help knowing what to buy. I hope to run most games at max setting at a 90fps , especially Battlefield 4. I'm open to using AMD drivers but I need convincing!

P.S. i know its way over my budget that's why i need help! :D 

More about : 1st build

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 1:35:40 PM

I believe I have a better system for you at a lower cost as well.

CPU: A high end i5 based on your usage scenario is perfectly fine and more then enough.
CPU Cooler: Good at keeping your CPU cool and gives you headroom to overclock over the stock cooler.
RAM: Low profile ram, and 8 gigabytes is more then sufficient for your usage
MOBO: You don't need to spend a ton of a z87 chip motherboard. Most of the things are handled via the CPU anyway now and the chip is more then enough
GPU: I would not go with 2 GPU's in some cases you will see better performance however that will be in some applications not all. Why not have the best performance in everything. You had enough to afford within the 2 cards you were looking to purchase for a 780TI so bam get one of those babes
Storage: Left alone to your liking
CASE: I changed the case because I feel like you can do better for the price. A 750D is a good case however you can spend less and get equally as much features. The case has a window the case is build solid and the building experience is SUPERB.
PSU: A solid highly efficient power supply that is semi modular.

Also you have some room left to hit your 2k mark for other things.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.32 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($699.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($96.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1800.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-09 16:36 EST-0500)
Share
December 9, 2013 2:46:32 PM

bigshootr8 said:
I believe I have a better system for you at a lower cost as well.

CPU: A high end i5 based on your usage scenario is perfectly fine and more then enough.
CPU Cooler: Good at keeping your CPU cool and gives you headroom to overclock over the stock cooler.
RAM: Low profile ram, and 8 gigabytes is more then sufficient for your usage
MOBO: You don't need to spend a ton of a z87 chip motherboard. Most of the things are handled via the CPU anyway now and the chip is more then enough
GPU: I would not go with 2 GPU's in some cases you will see better performance however that will be in some applications not all. Why not have the best performance in everything. You had enough to afford within the 2 cards you were looking to purchase for a 780TI so bam get one of those babes
Storage: Left alone to your liking
CASE: I changed the case because I feel like you can do better for the price. A 750D is a good case however you can spend less and get equally as much features. The case has a window the case is build solid and the building experience is SUPERB.
PSU: A solid highly efficient power supply that is semi modular.

Also you have some room left to hit your 2k mark for other things.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.32 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($699.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($96.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1800.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-09 16:36 EST-0500)


Thank you so much that was exactly what i was looking for!!!
But just out of curiosity, what kind of FPS could i expect on the 780Ti on Max setting?
And will this support SLI in the future or would i need a bigger PSU?

Thank you again :D 

m
0
l
Related resources
a c 651 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 2:46:53 PM

TheFrenchman398

Good looking rig, would suggest upping the PSU to a 800 or so, otherwise, should be happy with it, it will do about anything you want to do with it :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 2:52:14 PM

Tradesman1 said:
TheFrenchman398

Good looking rig, would suggest upping the PSU to a 800 or so, otherwise, should be happy with it, it will do about anything you want to do with it :) 


Only reason I didn't suggest a 800 watt psu is because the max power was something like 250watts on the gpu.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 2:53:51 PM

TheFrenchman398 said:
bigshootr8 said:
I believe I have a better system for you at a lower cost as well.

CPU: A high end i5 based on your usage scenario is perfectly fine and more then enough.
CPU Cooler: Good at keeping your CPU cool and gives you headroom to overclock over the stock cooler.
RAM: Low profile ram, and 8 gigabytes is more then sufficient for your usage
MOBO: You don't need to spend a ton of a z87 chip motherboard. Most of the things are handled via the CPU anyway now and the chip is more then enough
GPU: I would not go with 2 GPU's in some cases you will see better performance however that will be in some applications not all. Why not have the best performance in everything. You had enough to afford within the 2 cards you were looking to purchase for a 780TI so bam get one of those babes
Storage: Left alone to your liking
CASE: I changed the case because I feel like you can do better for the price. A 750D is a good case however you can spend less and get equally as much features. The case has a window the case is build solid and the building experience is SUPERB.
PSU: A solid highly efficient power supply that is semi modular.

Also you have some room left to hit your 2k mark for other things.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.32 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($699.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($96.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1800.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-09 16:36 EST-0500)


Thank you so much that was exactly what i was looking for!!!
But just out of curiosity, what kind of FPS could i expect on the 780Ti on Max setting?
And will this support SLI in the future or would i need a bigger PSU?

Thank you again :D 



If you get to the point where you want to add another 780Ti which would be SUPER expensive then yes you would need a larger power supply something in the 800-850 mark is probably a good area to be in. And based on that yes it does support SLi. However keep in mind that by the time you need something stronger then a 780Ti you'll be onto the next best thing.
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 3:00:02 PM

bigshootr8 said:
TheFrenchman398 said:
bigshootr8 said:
I believe I have a better system for you at a lower cost as well.

CPU: A high end i5 based on your usage scenario is perfectly fine and more then enough.
CPU Cooler: Good at keeping your CPU cool and gives you headroom to overclock over the stock cooler.
RAM: Low profile ram, and 8 gigabytes is more then sufficient for your usage
MOBO: You don't need to spend a ton of a z87 chip motherboard. Most of the things are handled via the CPU anyway now and the chip is more then enough
GPU: I would not go with 2 GPU's in some cases you will see better performance however that will be in some applications not all. Why not have the best performance in everything. You had enough to afford within the 2 cards you were looking to purchase for a 780TI so bam get one of those babes
Storage: Left alone to your liking
CASE: I changed the case because I feel like you can do better for the price. A 750D is a good case however you can spend less and get equally as much features. The case has a window the case is build solid and the building experience is SUPERB.
PSU: A solid highly efficient power supply that is semi modular.

Also you have some room left to hit your 2k mark for other things.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.32 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($169.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($145.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($699.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($96.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1800.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-09 16:36 EST-0500)


Thank you so much that was exactly what i was looking for!!!
But just out of curiosity, what kind of FPS could i expect on the 780Ti on Max setting?
And will this support SLI in the future or would i need a bigger PSU?

Thank you again :D 



If you get to the point where you want to add another 780Ti which would be SUPER expensive then yes you would need a larger power supply something in the 800-850 mark is probably a good area to be in. And based on that yes it does support SLi. However keep in mind that by the time you need something stronger then a 780Ti you'll be onto the next best thing.


Thank you you have been such a big help!
m
0
l
a c 651 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 3:53:14 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Tradesman1 said:
TheFrenchman398

Good looking rig, would suggest upping the PSU to a 800 or so, otherwise, should be happy with it, it will do about anything you want to do with it :) 


Only reason I didn't suggest a 800 watt psu is because the max power was something like 250watts on the gpu.

He was talking two 770s, for a single I normally suggest a 600 with 42 AMPs on the 12 volt rail, so a 800 should be sufficient for a pair of them
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 9, 2013 4:33:58 PM

Tradesman1 said:
bigshootr8 said:
Tradesman1 said:
TheFrenchman398

Good looking rig, would suggest upping the PSU to a 800 or so, otherwise, should be happy with it, it will do about anything you want to do with it :) 


Only reason I didn't suggest a 800 watt psu is because the max power was something like 250watts on the gpu.

He was talking two 770s, for a single I normally suggest a 600 with 42 AMPs on the 12 volt rail, so a 800 should be sufficient for a pair of them


Fair point! A little more power is needed for a 2 gpu setup.

m
0
l
!