Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Graphics card and PSU choice, please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 9, 2013 6:57:57 PM

Hey theres, I thank you for trying to read and helping me.

I have a PC which I want to update the GRAPHICS only for having budget problems :D 

my old PC is as following:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edtion Quad Core 2.6
PSU: 485W Green
RAM: 8 GB 1066 (I forgot the name)
Motherboard : Gigabyte UD3H... ( forgot the rest)
current GPU : XFX Radeon 5750

Sorry to say " forgot" for my pc is not here with me now. I'll have it in about a week later. so I just want to upgrade it GPU.

As I looked into best GPUs for money in Tomshardware, I was interested in GTX 760 Nvidia. But I highly think that my PSU wouldn't be able to handle it for I only have 1x6 power connector. and it needs 2... (I really loved this GPU :(  )
now that I cannot get that, please give me some ideas that with my PSU ( Green 485) what would be the best GPU I would get...

thanks in advance... :D 
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2013 7:11:37 PM

I saw on slickdeals.net an XFX Radeon HD 7850 for like 78$ if you pay with masterpass (MasterCard deal) and after a rebate too possibly..to match your CPU id say a high end HD 7XXX will be good (or the r9 270X, basically the same as the 7870 Ghz with more power draw)
m
0
l

Best solution

December 9, 2013 7:13:20 PM

I suggest 7750, it will give huge improvement but its also cheap and really good for users with not that great psu.
Share
Related resources
December 9, 2013 7:54:32 PM

Beezy said:
I saw on slickdeals.net an XFX Radeon HD 7850 for like 78$ if you pay with masterpass (MasterCard deal) and after a rebate too possibly..to match your CPU id say a high end HD 7XXX will be good (or the r9 270X, basically the same as the 7870 Ghz with more power draw)


Actually before finding out about GTX 760, I was very interested in R9 270x. It's also a very powerful one, but when I compared the two cards, [http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-GeForce-GTX-760 , I changed my mind about R9 270X.

thanks anyway. it was helpful...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2013 8:51:28 PM

phoenixsb5 said:
Beezy said:
I saw on slickdeals.net an XFX Radeon HD 7850 for like 78$ if you pay with masterpass (MasterCard deal) and after a rebate too possibly..to match your CPU id say a high end HD 7XXX will be good (or the r9 270X, basically the same as the 7870 Ghz with more power draw)


Actually before finding out about GTX 760, I was very interested in R9 270x. It's also a very powerful one, but when I compared the two cards, [http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270X-vs-GeForce-GTX-760 , I changed my mind about R9 270X.

thanks anyway. it was helpful...


well that's because the gtx 760 is more money, and is in the same arena as the r9 280X. If you saved up like 40$ more dollars, and got the r9 280X over the GTX 760 you would be much happier.
http://www.hwcompare.com/15839/geforce-gtx-760-vs-radeo...
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 8:57:40 PM

Amar Tsogtoo said:
I suggest 7750, it will give huge improvement but its also cheap and really good for users with not that great psu.


Actually I just found out that the Radeon R9 270X also needs 2x 6 pin power connectors. is it okay to use only one ??? :??: 
m
0
l
December 9, 2013 9:37:12 PM

no, ur psu cant handle those cards im sorry, thats why i recommend 7750
m
0
l
!