Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

MOBO+CPU+CABINET combo within tight budget

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 10, 2013 6:46:40 AM

I am planning on getting new Cpu,a compatible mobo and a decent cabinet for gaming...

My estimated budget would be something like this:
CPU within +/- 14000 INR
mobo within +/- 6000 INR
Cabinet within +/- 4000 INR

All component price is given keeping the Indian market as base. ( rupees ) Please make sure the rig is available in India .either online or retails shop.
And if there are better options but slightly expensive kindly provide proper price/performance reason!!

Best solution

a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 6:59:37 AM
Share
Related resources
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 7:09:21 AM

A 3570k and Z77 motherboard alone would be over your budget. 4670k would be even more.
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 7:15:02 AM

logainofhades said:
A 3570k and Z77 motherboard alone would be over your budget. 4670k would be even more.


Like how much "over" ? and how much diff would it make in performance compared to price??
I can compromise on the mobo if need be.

I would mainly play games at 1600x900 ,without AA,vsync,minimal shadows.
apart from that occasional rendering and run couple of DAW applications.
m
0
l
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 7:22:51 AM

The absolute cheapest z77 board and 3570k alone was 24400. At that resolution the AMD solution is still just fine. With games starting to take advantage of more cores, FX 8320 (which can be bumped to an FX 8350 with just a multiplier change) is a good budget choice. I have a 3570k, and it is a great chip. The FX is just a better price/performance solution. Your GPU matters more than CPU as well, so keep that in mind.
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 7:29:54 AM

logainofhades said:
The absolute cheapest z77 board and 3570k alone was 24400. At that resolution the AMD solution is still just fine. With games starting to take advantage of more cores, FX 8320 (which can be bumped to an FX 8350 with just a multiplier change) is a good budget choice. I have a 3570k, and it is a great chip. The FX is just a better price/performance solution. Your GPU matters more than CPU as well, so keep that in mind.



I kinda heard although 8320 is a cheaper cpu and performs better but is it as efficient as the 3570k in the long run? I'm planning to keep this rig for the next 3-4years ( gpu/ram/psu I can later upgrade )
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 7:31:55 AM

logainofhades said:
The absolute cheapest z77 board and 3570k alone was 24400. At that resolution the AMD solution is still just fine. With games starting to take advantage of more cores, FX 8320 (which can be bumped to an FX 8350 with just a multiplier change) is a good budget choice. I have a 3570k, and it is a great chip. The FX is just a better price/performance solution. Your GPU matters more than CPU as well, so keep that in mind.


pardon for my ignorance,but I saw ur signature and ur using i5 ! So if 8320 is as good as the former then why u didnt go for it? :) 
m
0
l
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 7:37:09 AM

I bought my i5 well before the FX 8320 was out. I have had my 3570k for over a year and half now.
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 7:48:38 AM

logainofhades said:
I bought my i5 well before the FX 8320 was out. I have had my 3570k for over a year and half now.



Ahh.. i get it! :) 

so it seems 8320+ M5A9 + cooler Master 281 = reasonably good?
and is there any alternative for mobo apart from M5A9 ? it alone costs 10k :p  LOL
If I can save money there I could go for the 8350 or get a separate Intel build (diff mobo of course)
m
0
l
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 7:53:42 AM

FX 8320 can run at an FX 8350 speed with just a multiplier bump. FX 8350 is just an overclocked FX 8320. Lesser boards will not be very good in the long run. I just took your total budget and shifted things around to make it work.
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 8:16:03 AM

logainofhades said:
FX 8320 can run at an FX 8350 speed with just a multiplier bump. FX 8350 is just an overclocked FX 8320. Lesser boards will not be very good in the long run. I just took your total budget and shifted things around to make it work.



Thanks logain,
I think I'll go with ur suggested build. Will let u know after purchasing! btw, coincidentally ur name reminds me of Logan! \m/
m
0
l
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 10, 2013 8:19:21 AM

You are most welcome. :D 
m
0
l
December 10, 2013 9:10:04 AM

logainofhades said:
You are most welcome. :D 


Bro, Can you provide some good online retailer who sell/deliver pc components ?
Itdepot is selling the mobo at 6990/ :D 

But is it reliable ? any other good deals online?
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 12:12:42 PM

logainofhades said:
I am from the US, so I am only familiar with flipkart for your area because that is what most seem to use on here.

Edit: They appear to be a legit site as they are on the list here.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1643019/guide-inte...



Hey ,someone suggested to get a gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 with 8320 on another separate topic. From what I see , here in India both the mobos are near about similar priced .Only this one's another $32 pricier. Any good reasons to go for this?? price/performance ratio??

m
0
l
a c 737 à CPUs
a c 95 V Motherboard
December 12, 2013 12:54:40 PM

The 990fxa-ud3 is a better overclocking board. The 990FXA-UD3 also has both Crossfire and SLI support.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 8:55:29 AM

logainofhades said:
The 990fxa-ud3 is a better overclocking board. The 990FXA-UD3 also has both Crossfire and SLI support.


Now that you mention it... could you kindly explain the 3 different versions of the m5a97 mobo? much of its features are unexplained despite having a good difference in price... there seems to be a R2 version and a LE version and another EVO R2 version. please help clarify them .Their strengths and weaknesses if any.. which one should i go for?....
here are the quick links to an online site I'm planning to put an order.

http://www.snapdeal.com/search?keyword=asus+m5a97+mothe...
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 12:41:09 PM

Hey,I'll be going for :
1.AMD FX 8320
2.GB 970a-ds3
3.Corsair CX 430v2
4.CM k281
5.WD blue 1tb
6. amd 6670 gddr5

Any idea if 430v2 be enough for this setup ? In future OCing would be ok??
m
0
l
!