Solved

new cpu cooler for amd fx 8320

hi. i installed yesterday the fx 8320 and i going insane by the stock cooler's noise.can you suggest a good cpu cooler that is both very quiet and does a very good job.i'm not going to overclock so i think that i will go with an air cooler.also do the cpu coolers come with thermal paste??by budget is at the most 70 euros
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu cooler amd 8320
  1. Best answer
    That's a massive budget for a cooler for the 8320. I'd look into a Noctua NH-D14 if available.
  2. envy14tpe said:
    That's a massive budget for a cooler for the 8320. I'd look into a Noctua NH-D14 if available.


    i have checked before this cpu cooler and i saw that it's speed is at most 1200 rpm.there are other with at least 2000 or 3000 rpm.i'm guessing that this affects the cpu temp.right?
  3. I agree with Envy14tpe otherwise the other popular choice would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.
  4. Well it depends on the size of the fan. A bigger fan can spin at a lower RPM and do the same job. The reason why the stock cooler is so noisy is the fan is small and runs at like 2000rpm. The lower the RPM the quieter the fan will be.
  5. Poprin said:
    Well it depends on the size of the fan. A bigger fan can spin at a lower RPM and do the same job. The reason why the stock cooler is so noisy is the fan is small and runs at like 2000rpm. The lower the RPM the quieter the fan will be.


    more like 3500 rpm.haha.it's driving me insane.so i usually have it at 50%
  6. I haven't used AMD for years, but I recently built a machine for someone using the new AMD A-Series APU. I was impressed with the chip but I was shocked at the quality of the stock cooler. I had to fiddle witht the BIOS settings just to get it to a bearable sound level.
  7. Poprin said:
    I haven't used AMD for years, but I recently built a machine for someone using the new AMD A-Series APU. I was impressed with the chip but I was shocked at the quality of the stock cooler. I had to fiddle witht the BIOS settings just to get it to a bearable sound level.


    my previous computer's cpu cooler was also stock(intel) but the noise was barely noticable compared to this
  8. Totally agree Agis, I have 3x intel based computers at home all with stock coolers (as I don't overclock) and they are all perfectly acceptable performance and noise levels. But in AMD's defence I guess they have to save money somewhere, I mean the cost of manufacturing and researching the CPU must be on par with Intel's cost and they are whacking them out at a fraction of the price.
  9. Poprin said:
    Totally agree Agis, I have 3x intel based computers at home all with stock coolers (as I don't overclock) and they are all perfectly acceptable performance and noise levels. But in AMD's defence I guess they have to save money somewhere, I mean the cost of manufacturing and researching the CPU must be on par with Intel's cost and they are whacking them out at a fraction of the price.


    i guess you're right!i have to say though,that besides the noise,it does a very good job a keeping the cpu temperature low,even at 100% load during games
  10. The Noctua runs at lower RPM but it cools amazingly and is quiet. I have the Evo and 4 other case fans. The only one I really hear is the Evo fan. It's a great budget buy, Cooler Master Evo, but it's noisier than a top quality Noctua fan.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling CPUs Components AMD