Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please help me..Should I buy a PSU and new cabinet for my new Graphics Card HD7750

Last response: in Components
Share
December 11, 2013 11:15:57 AM

I am not much aware of the Computer Hardware. I recently bought graphics card Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 .

Please let me know if I really need a new PSU and if that PSU will fit into my old cabinet.. I have 450W SMPS which came with my cabinet.. here is the link for my cabinet. I am an occasional player (not more than 1 hour in a day).

http://www.foxin.in/fc_5624.htm

My System Spec

CPU-Intel Core I5
Motherboard- Asus P8H67 MLE
Ram-4GB DDR3
Graphics card- Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Thank you so much for the help.

a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2013 11:50:00 AM

Min 450 W Power Supply Required i recommend 650 or 600W
m
0
l

Best solution

December 11, 2013 12:41:14 PM

sabya said:
I am not much aware of the Computer Hardware. I recently bought graphics card Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 .

Please let me know if I really need a new PSU and if that PSU will fit into my old cabinet.. I have 450W SMPS which came with my cabinet.. here is the link for my cabinet. I am an occasional player (not more than 1 hour in a day).

http://www.foxin.in/fc_5624.htm

My System Spec

CPU-Intel Core I5
Motherboard- Asus P8H67 MLE
Ram-4GB DDR3
Graphics card- Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Thank you so much for the help.



It will work just fine. A 300W PSU works for a 7750. I just got one too.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1899488/graphics...
Share
Related resources
December 11, 2013 12:41:56 PM

that psu should do for now if its new. but look for a better power supply like:
Cooler Master Thunder 500W
Corsair CX500
Corsair VS650
all under 4000 rs and built good.
look for seasonic and antec also alongside. but 500w to 550w would be enough for your built.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2013 12:47:45 PM

trismigistus said:
sabya said:
I am not much aware of the Computer Hardware. I recently bought graphics card Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 .

Please let me know if I really need a new PSU and if that PSU will fit into my old cabinet.. I have 450W SMPS which came with my cabinet.. here is the link for my cabinet. I am an occasional player (not more than 1 hour in a day).

http://www.foxin.in/fc_5624.htm

My System Spec

CPU-Intel Core I5
Motherboard- Asus P8H67 MLE
Ram-4GB DDR3
Graphics card- Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Thank you so much for the help.



It will work just fine. A 300W PSU works for a 7750. I just got one too.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1899488/graphics...



300W really? bro....the 7750 GPU spec says Min System Power is 400w

if u use 300W.....u wont get smooth Performance....may at 1st u can get...but later on the performance wil decrease
m
0
l
December 11, 2013 12:51:58 PM

Why are you guys advising him to waste money on a PSU?

He has no need for a new PSU with a 7750 card. In fact one of the biggest selling points for the 7750 is the fact that it does not require much power. The 7750 only draws 55W and the PCIE slot on the MB directly feeds the video card with up to 75 watts. He does not even have to plug in a PCU power connecter to the card.


@ gokul36

You are wrong. I have done my DD on this issue. In fact there are too many threads to count that are right here at Tom's Hardware that will back up my statements.

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2013 12:56:43 PM

trismigistus said:
Why are you guys advising him to waste money on a PSU?

He has no need for a new PSU with a 7750 card. In fact one of the biggest selling points for the 7750 is the fact that it does not require much power. It only draws 55W and the PCIE slot on the MB directly feeds the video card with up to 75 watts. He does not even have to plug in a PCU power connecter to the card.


@ gokul36

You are wrong. I have done my DD on this issue. In fact there are too many threads to count that are right here at Tom's Hardware that will back up my statements.


There is no big price difference between 450W PSU and 600W PSU
m
0
l
December 11, 2013 12:59:32 PM

@ gokul36

He already has a 450W.

He has no reason to waste money replacing it.

Furthermore if you had read the thread that I linked you would know that what I am telling him is based on personal experience. I just installed my 7750 this past Friday in my Dell I660 with its 300W PSU.

It is working great.

If he is going to spend any more cash it should be on 4 more megs of RAM.
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 3:01:08 AM

trismigistus said:
sabya said:
I am not much aware of the Computer Hardware. I recently bought graphics card Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 .

Please let me know if I really need a new PSU and if that PSU will fit into my old cabinet.. I have 450W SMPS which came with my cabinet.. here is the link for my cabinet. I am an occasional player (not more than 1 hour in a day).

http://www.foxin.in/fc_5624.htm

My System Spec

CPU-Intel Core I5
Motherboard- Asus P8H67 MLE
Ram-4GB DDR3
Graphics card- Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5

Thank you so much for the help.



It will work just fine. A 300W PSU works for a 7750. I just got one too.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1899488/graphics...


trismigistus said:
@ gokul36

He already has a 450W.

He has no reason to waste money replacing it.

Furthermore if you had read the thread that I linked you would know that what I am telling him is based on personal experience. I just installed my 7750 this past Friday in my Dell I660 with its 300W PSU.

It is working great.

If he is going to spend any more cash it should be on 4 more megs of RAM.


It was really amazing to see these many response, it was my first comment on this forum..Thank so much to all of you guys
m
0
l
!