Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Computer Will Not Boot and Makes Rapid Beeping Noises

Last response: in Components
Share
December 11, 2013 5:44:17 PM

My computer beeps rapidly when I turn it on and it will not boot. I just replaced my PSU and graphics card and we had the problem before where it turned out to just be I put one of the PSU cables into the wrong slot. This time I was playing a game and the computer shut off and started beeping again.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2013 5:59:12 PM

First check your RAM. With the unit unplugged, remove and re-seat each module. IF this doesn't work, try one stick at a time.
Share
December 11, 2013 6:09:03 PM

SchizTech said:
First check your RAM. With the unit unplugged, remove and re-seat each module. IF this doesn't work, try one stick at a time.


I didn't touch the RAM and it was working.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2013 6:11:32 PM

Carjosse said:
SchizTech said:
First check your RAM. With the unit unplugged, remove and re-seat each module. IF this doesn't work, try one stick at a time.


I didn't touch the RAM and it was working.


You need not have touched it. Beeping on bootup is commonly caused by RAM issues. If there's a static charge on the board, it can show these symptoms and re-seating the RAM helps to clear the static. If there's a faulty stick of RAM, it can cause beeping. Testing with one stick at a time can weed out a bad stick of RAM.
m
0
l
December 11, 2013 6:46:55 PM

SchizTech said:
You need not have touched it. Beeping on bootup is commonly caused by RAM issues. If there's a static charge on the board, it can show these symptoms and re-seating the RAM helps to clear the static. If there's a faulty stick of RAM, it can cause beeping. Testing with one stick at a time can weed out a bad stick of RAM.


Thank you, that worked, I think my issue was I had a cable too close to the fan CPU thing and that caused some static. I tied the cables farther away.
m
0
l
June 11, 2014 8:50:58 PM

:) . Thank you you are very much correct on that issue my RAM was definitely the cause of my PC not booting up I believe my issue me a rose whenever I was using the blower from the vacuum to blow dust out of my PC and possibly may have a dust inside there or static discharge I don't know but anyways I pulled out the memory sticks one by one I wipe thcleanan I the dust out of the memory card slots and well Walla it worked BAM thanks dude
*TOOL*DUST*
m
0
l
!