4670(NONK) gaming. Advice before I click the checkout button! :)

Sergiu Ghita

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hello!

Please be consistent in your answer :).

This is my gaming build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/z3rongod/saved/2W68

CPU NON K: Why I won't OC: There is no difference in gaming from all the benchmarks i've seen at 1080p. Please agree with or contradict me and explain how a more expensive mobo and cooling can really increase the gaming performance to be worth it.

MOBO FORM: I will go for micro atx because i see no benefits in having a normal ATX mobo.

GPU: 770 is more expensive than 280x. I see little performance difference between the two.

PSU: I understand i could have gone with 500w, but really the 600w is not much more expensive.

RAM: Random cheap 1600mh 2x4GB RAM.

SSD: For OS and games
HDD: Movies

MONITOR: Long time exposure to dell 2209wa led me to P2414h. Never going to use TN.

What i am unsure of:
1. Motherboard - i moved from ASrock h87m pro4 to the gigabyte one i selected now. I have no clue about features and performances of various micro-atx h87 mobos.
2. Case - I do not know if it's best for this. I have moved from Zalman T2 to the one i have now because it did not have front USB

Price reference website if needed: prisjakt.nu

Thank you :)

i think overclocking helps, it depends on what you are playing (or using), i have mine now @4ghz, my old sandy, never thought of upgrading this even with the new gen because 4ghz is fast enough for now and i can hit 4.5ghz if needed.
for the case, i like the bitfenix prodigy for small case

endeavour37a

Honorable
Over all it's a very solid build that should game really well for you. What needs to be changed, nothing really, you have good balance in everything with good parts.

If I were to nit pick it, it would be more of preference than function, but here is what I would do differently. Get an 840 EVO to save a bit of money over the Pro, spend a few extra bucks for a WD HDD over the Seagate (I think they make better drives that last longer).