Gt 630 problem

2002z28

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hello I have a gateway dx 4300-11 desktop with radeon 3200 hd integrated graphics and a glite power 400w psu. I bought a GeForce gt630 gfx card for an upgrade. I uninstalled the ig drivers with device manager shut off the computer, installed the 630 and it has no signal from the 630 but if I plug the VGA back into the ig it displays just fine. The fan spins on the 630 but no signal please help.

First off this computer is 5 years old, running DDR2 RAM, so the CPU and RAM will most likely be bottlenecks to choke any performance gain you intended from the GPU. Second, you should check with gateway and see if there is a BIOS update for the mobo, it might not understand what a 630 is. Third the 630 is a very low end GPU anyway, and only requires a 300W power supply, computers off the shelf NORMALLY have that, so your friends computer should work to validate if the 630 is working at all. Lastly did you use the IG to get into BIOS and set the VIDEO to Video Card instead of IG? That would be the primary reason why it isn't displaying on the 630 yet as it defaults on BOOT to IG.

Answered and stop trying to bump your question. This is not a support forum waiting for you like a customer service, this is a general open forum to politely help out some people by more technically savvy people IN THIER SPARE TIME.

If you want technical support contact gateway or bring your computer to a IT shop for service.

2002z28

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Sorry Tom my phone acted up and It didn't show your post. Is CMOS different then bios? I'm not sure if I opened bios or not but earlier I booted the computer and pressed delete to enter a setup menu and I went thru the entire menu and didn't find anything for display or graphics. And my friends of is even older with a 250w

UHMMmmm... then I think your BIOS is FUD up. It is basic 101 design to have a VIDEO section in BIOS to 'disable Integrated Graphics' or to select as the 'default display' (maybe they used display instead of video) and select PCI/PCIx card or something to that effect. That still also leaves checking for a BIOS update. I am more of the mind this computer is already at end of life, and just, well.. may be failing with anything you try to do.

2002z28

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Okay I reopened bios and in integrated peripherals there is an option called onboard IDE controller that I can change and another option called onboard graphics mode and I cannot select it or change it

At this point I am calling this one. I am sorry you don't have the technical skills and this is all very confusing. You either need to take it to a IT Professional, or BEST YET just buy a new computer that is up to date (as suggested). I am sorry you have no resources nor skills to properly technically diagnosis, so we can't say "that is the problem, here is a solution". All we see is there is a 'general problem' but not what the root cause is.