Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Advice on new gaming rig build

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 12, 2013 9:33:54 AM

After a gaming rig to play battlefield 4 and assassins creed black flag on ultra. Would also like it to be able to play the new star wars battlefront when it's released if possible but i don't think specs for that have been released yet. This pc will just be solely for gaming.
Don't need monitor or keyboard and mouse and would like the computer to be as cheap as possible but will be willing to spend around £400-£700 Am completely new to pc gaming so please as much help as possible would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best solution

December 12, 2013 9:42:39 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£156.94 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£79.67 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.91 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (£227.05 @ Dabs)
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£70.50 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.18 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £660.24
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 17:42 GMT+0000)

Add whatever ATX case you like.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
December 12, 2013 9:55:51 AM

Yup, perfect build, better psu which would be helpful in doing xfire in future.
You are only left with an O.S.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 12, 2013 9:58:01 AM

sourodip said:
Yup, perfect build, better psu which would be helpful in doing xfire in future.
You are only left with an O.S.


I left the OS out of the build because you could just lend a CD from a friend.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 12, 2013 10:00:57 AM

Hehe, stop piracy;lol
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 1:13:19 PM

I was wondering what should i do in terms of cooling?


SimonGranstrom said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£156.94 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£79.67 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.91 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (£227.05 @ Dabs)
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£70.50 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.18 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £660.24
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 17:42 GMT+0000)

Add whatever ATX case you like.


m
0
l
December 12, 2013 6:56:49 PM

sourodip said:
Hehe, stop piracy;lol


Sam Phoenix said:
I was wondering what should i do in terms of cooling?


SimonGranstrom said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£156.94 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£79.67 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.91 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (£227.05 @ Dabs)
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£70.50 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£13.18 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £660.24
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 17:42 GMT+0000)

Add whatever ATX case you like.




The cooling is fine, you could even oc the GPU a bit.
m
0
l
!