Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Gaming PC build under $500 (tower and OS)

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 12, 2013 3:19:27 PM

Hello, I recently asked the community on a gaming pc build for around $400 and I got a great answer. The issue is that the video card the person recommended to me is out of stock. I am not sure when it will be in stock again so I was wondering if there was a great alternative, or if there is a better build for under $500.(This price includes the tower and OS, I already have the accessories.) Any help would be appreciated!
Here is what he recommended to me, the PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video CardP is out of stock on newegg so I was wondering if there was a better build than this currently. Again, thank you for any help you can provide!

"Here is an option for $70 over budget that will play modern games comfortably at medium settings:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core ProcessorP ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 MotherboardP ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY Optima 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 MemoryP ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveP ($51.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video CardP ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower CaseP ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power SupplyP ($37.98 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD WriterP ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)P ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $470.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-11 23:40 EST-0500)"

More about : gaming build 500 tower

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
December 12, 2013 3:27:02 PM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jmKo
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jmKo/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jmKo/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $463.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 18:26 EST-0500)
Share
Related resources
December 12, 2013 3:38:08 PM

Look like smorizio has found a good alternate for you.

Once you get your PC, and in case you'll need to update your GPU driver, you'll want to download it from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

m
0
l
December 12, 2013 3:49:20 PM

Don't get an athlon cpu, instead get an fx series cpu such as an fx 6300 or 8320
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 4:03:25 PM

Thanks for the help!
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 4:09:54 PM

TheGarza said:
Don't get an athlon cpu, instead get an fx series cpu such as an fx 6300 or 8320


I'd agree with you but I'm afraid it would go over wes hemp's budget.
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 5:44:33 PM

Warsam71 said:
TheGarza said:
Don't get an athlon cpu, instead get an fx series cpu such as an fx 6300 or 8320


I'd agree with you but I'm afraid it would go over wes hemp's budget.

It won't if he removes the optical drive from his build and if he gets a western digital 250GB 7200RPM 3gb/s 16mb cache HDD for only $30. That gives him $40 which is enough for a 6300 and $10 more would get him an 8320
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 6:56:19 PM

TheGarza said:
Warsam71 said:
TheGarza said:
Don't get an athlon cpu, instead get an fx series cpu such as an fx 6300 or 8320


I'd agree with you but I'm afraid it would go over wes hemp's budget.

It won't if he removes the optical drive from his build and if he gets a western digital 250GB 7200RPM 3gb/s 16mb cache HDD for only $30. That gives him $40 which is enough for a 6300 and $10 more would get him an 8320


Perfect! :D  (Although the decision is up to the OP here)
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 5:01:40 AM

Warsam71 said:
TheGarza said:
Warsam71 said:
TheGarza said:
Don't get an athlon cpu, instead get an fx series cpu such as an fx 6300 or 8320


I'd agree with you but I'm afraid it would go over wes hemp's budget.

It won't if he removes the optical drive from his build and if he gets a western digital 250GB 7200RPM 3gb/s 16mb cache HDD for only $30. That gives him $40 which is enough for a 6300 and $10 more would get him an 8320


Perfect! :D  (Although the decision is up to the OP here)

:p 
m
0
l
!