Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Intel i7 4820k help pc only reading 1 core :(

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Core
  • Intel i7
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 13, 2013 6:45:26 AM

Guys i put together a new rig today i7 4820k and my board is asus p9x79 ws. for some reason its going extremely slow so i downloaded cpu-z and its telling me its

core speed: 1200.67 mhz
multiplier x 12.0
bus speed 100.06

cores 1
threads 2
core voltage .928

then i went into my bios and saw that the temperature is

cpu 80.6 F / 27.0 C
MB 87.8 F / 31.0 C

please assist me, did i do something wrong? i also installed drivermax and downloaded any needd drivers for the chip and mb.


Any input guys?

Thanks

More about : intel 4820k reading core

a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 6:49:43 AM

is that cpu supported on your motherboard , I believe it is not because its not detecting it correctly. if it does you must be on the wrong bios version
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 7:08:01 AM

Flash your BIOS to version 4210. If that doesn't get you anywhere, then flash it to the latest verson. Caution: If something messes up during the flashing process you might end up having to send your motherboard to the repair service for BIOS restoration so be EXTREMELY CAREFUL!
Share
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 7:11:53 AM

Btw, before doing anything, go to your BIOS and load the optimized defaults, after which save and exit. That might be the key to your problem as well.
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 7:11:57 AM

Oh wow, i have never flashed my bios before, heck this is my first rig i am building so i am still in the process of learning. Alright i will check the version of my bios and flash it to a upto date version. hope all goes well.
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 7:12:47 AM

alright i will try that, thanks guys!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 7:14:22 AM

mlouca said:
Oh wow, i have never flashed my bios before, heck this is my first rig i am building so i am still in the process of learning. Alright i will check the version of my bios and flash it to a upto date version. hope all goes well.

Crossing fingers. Btw, I'd advice you to update your BIOS from the BIOS itself with a USB and not from your Operating System, because anti-virus systems and other software will most likely interfere with the process of flashing and that will surely not end very well.
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 7:38:16 AM

Would it be smart to update bios via flash before i install windows? i was going to wipe everything out again, format my drives and start from scratch. Or should i reinstall windows and then update the bios.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 7:48:55 AM

mlouca said:
Would it be smart to update bios via flash before i install windows? i was going to wipe everything out again, format my drives and start from scratch. Or should i reinstall windows and then update the bios.

Flash the BIOS after you reinstall Windows.
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:07:32 AM

thank you!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 13, 2013 8:23:25 AM

mlouca said:
thank you!

You're welcome!
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
December 14, 2013 11:41:53 AM

Just enable "all cores" in ur BIOS setting
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2013 3:02:45 AM

gokul36 said:
Just enable "all cores" in ur BIOS setting

Don't you think that loading the optimized defaults as I told him won't do just that?
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2013 4:44:53 AM

jnjnilson6 said:
Flash your BIOS to version 4210. If that doesn't get you anywhere, then flash it to the latest verson. Caution: If something messes up during the flashing process you might end up having to send your motherboard to the repair service for BIOS restoration so be EXTREMELY CAREFUL!


BIOS 4306 ....

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P9X79_WS/#support

Update ur BIOS to "4306" to support "i7 4820k" .....if u don't know how to flash....plz take it to ur customer care...they will flash it...... As u have Warranty covered for ur product :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2013 7:28:20 AM

you cant really go wrong anymore with bios flashing, most new boards have dual bios' just for that purpose incase it does fail. also if you try to upload for the wrong board it will stop you. I know my board did When I tried updating and I downloaded the wrong bios
m
0
l
!