Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

will hd 7790 work with 450 watt psu??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 13, 2013 7:47:16 AM

will my MSI AMD/ATI R7790-2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card work with frontech jil2414 450 watt psu??

More about : 7790 work 450 watt psu

a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 7:53:55 AM

no..
it's a old design generic psu..
fake wattage label, high ripple and noise in all rail and lack of any protection..

buy a better psu.

corsair cx430 will fits on your need..
m
0
l
Related resources
December 13, 2013 7:56:30 AM

Quaddro said:
no..
it's a old design generic psu..
fake wattage label, high ripple and noise in all rail and lack of any protection..

buy a better psu.

corsair cx430 will fits on your need..

how about Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU?

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 7:58:18 AM

@quaddro
Have you used or read a review of this PSU?
m
0
l
a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 7:58:23 AM


well...Corsair VS450..It's still a good choice for your system..
m
0
l
a c 343 À AMD
a c 1387 U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 7:58:52 AM

VS450 will do the job up to HD7850/70!
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:00:15 AM

Quaddro said:

well...Corsair VS450..It's still a good choice for your system..


will it support high end gpus like the r9 290x??
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:00:45 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:
and will Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU support high end gpus?


it's really depend on all of your parts..
but at least that power supply will run 7850/7870/650Ti boost/660 flawlessly..

Share
a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:01:40 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:
Quaddro said:

well...Corsair VS450..It's still a good choice for your system..


will it support high end gpus like the r9 290x??


absolutely not..:D 

for that graphic card you'll need at least 550w psu..
m
0
l
a c 343 À AMD
a c 1387 U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:01:55 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:
Quaddro said:

well...Corsair VS450..It's still a good choice for your system..


will it support high end gpus like the r9 290x??


No, Now we start speaking quality 600-650watts and up!
m
0
l
a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:02:58 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:

will it even support the hd 7770?


the point is..that's a bad psu..

get the better unit..or it will burn and damage your system..:) 
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:03:48 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:
Quaddro said:

well...Corsair VS450..It's still a good choice for your system..


will it support high end gpus like the r9 290x??


NO, for R9 290X you need 650-700W PSU
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:04:50 AM

Quaddro said:
Advanced Micro Devices said:

will it even support the hd 7770?


the point is..that's a bad psu..

get the better unit..or it will burn and damage your system..:) 

actually the psu was from use from 4-5 years. :D 
m
0
l
a c 171 À AMD
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:06:21 AM

Advanced Micro Devices said:
Quaddro said:
Advanced Micro Devices said:

will it even support the hd 7770?


the point is..that's a bad psu..

get the better unit..or it will burn and damage your system..:) 

actually the psu was from us from 4-5 years. :D 


really old psu then..
replace it..:) 
you don't want to burn your new graphic card..right..? :D 
m
0
l
December 13, 2013 8:08:56 AM

Quaddro said:
Advanced Micro Devices said:
Quaddro said:
Advanced Micro Devices said:

will it even support the hd 7770?


the point is..that's a bad psu..

get the better unit..or it will burn and damage your system..:) 

actually the psu was from us from 4-5 years. :D 


really old psu then..
replace it..:) 
you don't want to burn your new graphic card..right..? :D 


thanks i will buy the Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 13, 2013 8:11:16 AM

Get a Corsair CX430 atleast
m
0
l
!