Closed

Does the 8350 amd Processor have thermal paste included?

does it? i??
6 answers Last reply
More about 8350 amd processor thermal paste included
  1. It should be on the heatsink, therefore there is no need to buy thermal paste if you are using the stock heatsink that comes with it.
  2. The stock heatsink comes with it pre-applied but the actual CPU doesn't.
  3. If it comes with a stock cooler, then yes. stock coolers come with paste already applied to the bottom. If it doesn't come with a stock cooler, than no. It does not come with thermal paste.

However, I would highly recommend using an aftermarket cooler with the 8350. Such as the Coolermaster 212+ or Evo. Both of which do come with a small tube of thermal paste.
  4. Savagearms said:
    If it comes with a stock cooler, then yes. stock coolers come with paste already applied to the bottom. If it doesn't come with a stock cooler, than no. It does not come with thermal paste.

However, I would highly recommend using an aftermarket cooler with the 8350. Such as the Coolermaster 212+ or Evo. Both of which do come with a small tube of thermal paste.

Why? Does the stock heatsink not do the job efficiently? I'm a first-time builder and my CPU (AMD FX 8350) was just delivered. The rest of my parts should be here in a few days, but I've been familiarizing myself with my CPU/heatsink package. Will my my heatsink keep my CPU cool enough? What about if I overclock?
  5. the stock heatsink works fine and will keep it in safe temps . But they are usually very loud. And are not suitable for overclocking.
  6. yes, the default heat-sink has the thermal paste installed on it, but it is very loud.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Thermal Compound CPUs Processors