Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Computer freezes after installing new graphics card help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 14, 2013 7:23:03 PM

Ok so today i received my new graphics card its a raedon 6450, so i put it in my computer and installed it everything was fine for the first 10 seconds after i logged in until my computer just froze on me i cant move my mouse or anything.. i tried re-downloading the drivers, i tried replugging everything. i dont know what to do at this point.. :( 

computer specs:
AMD athlon x2 processor
3gb ram
430w ps
December 14, 2013 7:27:32 PM

Mike Forson said:
Ok so today i received my new graphics card its a raedon 6450, so i put it in my computer and installed it everything was fine for the first 10 seconds after i logged in until my computer just froze on me i cant move my mouse or anything.. i tried re-downloading the drivers, i tried replugging everything. i dont know what to do at this point.. :( 

computer specs:
AMD athlon x2 processor
3gb ram
430w ps


Full system specs? have you tried switching out your gpu to your old one? could be a dead gpu.
m
0
l
December 14, 2013 7:37:32 PM

can you return that gepu and get a 6770 or above for gaming from experience i got a 5450 and returned it for a 6850 it was not good for gaming but if you are not gaming i think gpu is faulty and get a replacemen t
m
0
l
Related resources
December 14, 2013 7:38:21 PM

if psu is a lower brand could be that may have to replace to more power or something
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 8:08:08 PM

IAmSparta said:
Mike Forson said:
Ok so today i received my new graphics card its a raedon 6450, so i put it in my computer and installed it everything was fine for the first 10 seconds after i logged in until my computer just froze on me i cant move my mouse or anything.. i tried re-downloading the drivers, i tried replugging everything. i dont know what to do at this point.. :( 

computer specs:
AMD athlon x2 processor
3gb ram
430w ps


Full system specs? have you tried switching out your gpu to your old one? could be a dead gpu.


OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor
CPU SPEED:
2.82 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
3.22 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 210
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.37 GB
m
0
l

Best solution

December 16, 2013 1:34:17 PM

Mike Forson said:
IAmSparta said:
Mike Forson said:
Ok so today i received my new graphics card its a raedon 6450, so i put it in my computer and installed it everything was fine for the first 10 seconds after i logged in until my computer just froze on me i cant move my mouse or anything.. i tried re-downloading the drivers, i tried replugging everything. i dont know what to do at this point.. :( 

computer specs:
AMD athlon x2 processor
3gb ram
430w ps


Full system specs? have you tried switching out your gpu to your old one? could be a dead gpu.


OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor
CPU SPEED:
2.82 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
3.22 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 210
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.37 GB


hmm. Kind of odd specs, try taking out your 6450 and putting in your old gpu to see if that works. Also, thats not really much of an upgrade from your 210. if that doesn't work, check the vga/dvi cables.
Share
!