Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Ultimate Can't Connect To The Internet

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 15, 2013 4:35:48 AM

Hello
I have a problem with the internet on PC, I'm running 2 operating systems on my pc Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 8.1 Pro, the problem is Windows 7 Ultimate won't connect to the internet while windows 8.1 Pro works fine, I've tried connecting to my router but it wont detect it for some reason :3 I've tried plugging in the Ethernet cable but end up with the same problem.
a c 594 $ Windows 7
a c 450 * Windows 8
December 15, 2013 4:41:39 AM

Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 4:45:31 AM

USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 594 $ Windows 7
a c 450 * Windows 8
December 15, 2013 4:48:15 AM

NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 4:58:14 AM

USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.


The Drivers Missing Are:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

m
0
l
a c 594 $ Windows 7
a c 450 * Windows 8
December 15, 2013 4:59:57 AM

NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.


The Drivers Missing Are:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
USB Controller



Yes, that is the reason for your issues. You need to install all those drivers.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 5:02:51 AM

USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.


The Drivers Missing Are:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
USB Controller



Yes, that is the reason for your issues. You need to install all those drivers.


Do you recommend any websites to download the drivers from ?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 594 $ Windows 7
a c 450 * Windows 8
December 15, 2013 5:06:44 AM

NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.


The Drivers Missing Are:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
USB Controller



Yes, that is the reason for your issues. You need to install all those drivers.


Do you recommend any websites to download the drivers from ?


From the manufacturer website only. Anywhere else is either $$, hassle, virus, or other weirdness.
Share
December 15, 2013 5:08:07 AM

USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
NintendoCaprisun said:
USAFRet said:
Are the relevant drivers installed in the Win7 OS?


I don't think they are, is there a way I can check ?


While in Windows 7, Device Manager. Click on the network adapter, and see what it says.
You should be able to get the driver from the manufacturer's support section.


The Drivers Missing Are:

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
USB Controller



Yes, that is the reason for your issues. You need to install all those drivers.


Do you recommend any websites to download the drivers from ?


From the manufacturer website only. Anywhere else is either $$, hassle, virus, or other weirdness.


Thanks Mate :) 
m
0
l
a c 594 $ Windows 7
a c 450 * Windows 8
December 15, 2013 5:11:18 AM

NintendoCaprisun said:


Thanks Mate :) 


No prob. Good luck.
m
0
l
!